gunnut

Walnut shell tumbling media

12 posts in this topic

Ok all where is the best deal on walnut shell media.Living here in california with walnuts growing everywhere we should be able to score some shell on the cheap.Who has the deal? :roflmao3[1]:

I get mine from the pet store. its sold as reptile bedding. its about half price what I paid from a reloading supply. I got a 10 lb bag for just over $5. DR

$20 should get you a dog food sized bag from most any feed store. Best money I've spent in a long time. Make sure you get the fine crushed though. I bought some course crushed corn cob by mistake and it gets into a .30 cal hole alright, just doesn't like to come out.

How often do you change your media?

Ever since I went Ultrasonic I haven't been using media, but the pet supply and feed store are great tips - I always thought that us reloaders were paying too much for a small jug of the stuff.

http://www.ecoshell.com/I purchased 50 pound bag they shipped UPS 28.41 was the total in 2008Nice people to deal with ;)
Nice folks...Here is what Helen said this afternoon.They offer many different sizes so I asked them what was the best size for polishing brass...Hi Rob,12/20 is the most common size. Our smallest package is a 50lb bag! However, if you go to your local PetCo, PetSmart or even Walmart you will find our product packaged for bird cage litter. The brand is Kaytee, and it is found in the bird section of the pet store. I believe 8lbs would be the smallest package. You are welcome to buy a 50lb bag here if you are looking for a larger quanity.If you have any further questions, please let us know.Sincerely,Helen CantrellDirector of Sales and MarketingHelen Cantrell [helen@ecoshell.com]PS. The factory is just off the I-5 Near Chico if you want to buy direct in 50 lbs. bags