Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOG

VENISON AND DUCK SAUSAGE

9 posts in this topic

Just finished 5 venison and 4 duck summer and hot sausages. They are "resting" in the refrigerator and will be slow cooked tomorrow. 9 sausages and a plate of ......... well you tell me what it looks like. Plan is to smoke some of them so I have to wait for the Outdoorsman to open @ 10. post-37-1298204751_thumb.jpg

Nice! I was planning to take all my duck meat to a smokehouse next week... Be interesting to hear how yours turns out.

For a real breakfast treat try cutting up smoked duck sausage into about 1/4 in cubes and scramble with eggs. Just before eggs are done stir in grated smokey gouda cheese. Can't be beat.

That does look tasty.Do you smoke it yourself and how does a person know it is smoked enough................................We use to have a old shack on the dairy with a metal drum on the floor and wood rods and hooks for hanging linguica for smoking. I was just a kid but I can still remember the smell of the smoke and i would open the door and get a good whiff of the cooking meat it was awesome.The old ways are almost gone the knew generation like myself are not doing it anymore it is kind of sad.It is a Portuguese tradition making your own linguica.

For a real breakfast treat try cutting up smoked duck sausage into about 1/4 in cubes and scramble with eggs. Just before eggs are done stir in grated smokey gouda cheese. Can't be beat.
the smoked gouda isa great ides.

That does look tasty.Do you smoke it yourself and how does a person know it is smoked enough................................We use to have a old shack on the dairy with a metal drum on the floor and wood rods and hooks for hanging linguica for smoking. I was just a kid but I can still remember the smell of the smoke and i would open the door and get a good whiff of the cooking meat it was awesome.The old ways are almost gone the knew generation like myself are not doing it anymore it is kind of sad.It is a Portuguese tradition making your own linguica.
I have an Old Smoky and use an adjustable heat plate, or the charcoal/wood double barrel or the gas bbq On this sausage I used apple chips. smoking got me thinking. I also use (I know) a liquid hickory..One of my favorites.....can of salmon, finely diced celery and chives. mix about 2 tbs mayo and a tpsp. or to taste of liquid smoke. pack it in endive and sprinkle lunpfish eggs over the top. that is some fine eating.