Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyhorse

1377 Sniper .177

11 posts in this topic

Arrived today from crosmods...with rain and all, managed to sight in,run chrono string and shoot one 5 shot group.Riser breech 6061 aluminum, complete new trigger frame with 2 stage adjustible trigger,composite grips,and carbon fiber shroud. I ordered it with a 20" barrel, and wire stock.RWS Super H Points...10 pumps..LO: 610.8 FPSHI: 617.0AVG: 613.3ES: 6.14SD: 2.23I did take some shots on chrono at 15 Pumps: 667 FPS.Only group had time for..1377Sniper008.jpg1377Sniper007.jpg1377Sniper006.jpg1377Sniper005.jpg1377Sniper004.jpg1377Sniper002.jpg

Nice group. Never seen one of those before. Does your cheek weld with the wire stock ok for shooting? How noisy is it?

Very cool Rich! I'm looking to upgrade my 1377/22 with a custom forend and grips. I like the wire wire buttstock you put on yours. I'm kind of looking for a buttstock that either folds or removes so I can carry it in a backpack and break it down quickly. How quiet is that new barrel?

Nice group. Never seen one of those before. Does your cheek weld with the wire stock ok for shooting? How noisy is it?
It is more a 'low cheek' weld...issue is it's cold..!! Anyway,I added some pipe insulation,and that fixed everything...It is quieter than my 1377C pistol by a bunch..1377Sniper009.jpg

Very cool Rich! I'm looking to upgrade my 1377/22 with a custom forend and grips. I like the wire wire buttstock you put on yours. I'm kind of looking for a buttstock that either folds or removes so I can carry it in a backpack and break it down quickly. How quiet is that new barrel?
My 1377C has more a 'pop'...this 1377 Sniper is much more subtle and quieter..note that the barrel goes right to the end cap..(look close at pic)...I like that for a number of reasons..easy to clean barrel,etc...anyway,I thought before I got it that i may have to add baffles....but no need for that..Another neat thing is the breech has a picatinny rail machined in for Weaver rings..very cool. The trigger is to die for...awesome..Hope to nail something tomorrow...I'm taking care of my friends Arabian horses while he is out of town...took out a bunch of squirrels there last year...hee hee.Got a single point sling coming from BDS Tactical in Oceanside...man,those folks are slow...it will be a bungee sling,single point attachment,but you can swing the Sniper up fast...

Nice rig.
thanks...very light...going to weigh it tomorrow...guesing under 4 LBS...??

That is one sweet looking shooter there Rich. I really like it. :lol:
All American...designed/made by gringo's,..shot by gringo's,...life is good..!!

Very nice rich thats going to serve you well for many years . I have a local smith building me a sniper all american carbine pistol also i can only hope it's a 1/4 as nice as that. Mackrel try these guys they can fabricate a stock for you http://muzzlemack.com/default.aspx and for a sweet trigger http://www.cothranmachine.com/ and another stock fabricator http://accustomparts.com/CustomParts.aspx

Thanks Knot.