Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyhorse

6 PUMPS..

12 posts in this topic

Got my Sheridan back from TIM and took it out hunting this afternoon. Bagged this squirrel at 35 yards hitting em in the shoulder with a Benjamin Cylindrical 14.3 gr..Tune was steroid, barrel crown and trigger. Sure accurate now..goin out tomorrow for more..Crown..Sheridan002.jpgRifle & squirrel..Sheridan001.jpg

Nice shootin. Good to see an old gun back in action, huh? I think me and one other are the only people in town that shoot air guns. Every yard sale I go to, I ask about air guns for sale. I will hit it good some day. I'll bet.

Try pawn shops...guys have got lucky and picked up some nice airguns cheap... I'm going looking Friday... there are at least 3 pawn shops within 6 miles..

I still have mine from around 1974 just doesn't have the power any more I would to have it reconditioned where was it done ?

Nice Rich! I'm going to have to send my old Silver Streak down to have it tuned.
Be sure to tell TIM to re-crown barrel...makes huge difference...btw,...he has been doing alot of these steroids lately...

I still have mine from around 1974 just doesn't have the power any more I would to have it reconditioned where was it done ?
http://www.mac1airgun.com/ Best to call...(e-mails take to much time away from his bench tuning..)

That crown is beutiful tim is the man when the time comes i would love for him to tune my 397 but for now it shoots hot at six pumps also

Got my Sheridan back from TIM and took it out hunting this afternoon. Bagged this squirrel at 35 yards hitting em in the shoulder with a Benjamin Cylindrical 14.3 gr..
Nice...Tim did my old Blue Streak last Spring. As yours, Tim also re-crowned it. I tried quite a few pellets and I have found that the best choice is that Benjamin Cylindrical 14.3 gr...Accurate and packs a whallop. Them bengi's seem to be a very hard as far as lead goes...why is that? Nice smack down on the squirrel :sport037fn4:

Some pellets are certainly hard lead. Brand makes a difference.Think the Crosman's are mix of lead plus other alloys like tin..??

Nice old air rifle. I may have to send mine in for a tune up some day.

You won't be disappointed...using 6 pumps and Benjamin Cylindrical 14.3 gr, I'm hitting the mark at 40 yards now...the pistol scope (NcStar 2-7x32) has a duplex reticle. I've been practicing holdovers and at 40 yards using top of post under crosshair....