Heywood

West Coast Air Gun Show

35 posts in this topic

Coming March 5th-6th, 2011. The first west coast air gun show. It will be held at the Placer County fairgrounds in Roseville. :good: Just got off the phone w/ Bryan and Assoc., spoke with Bryan's father (what a great guy btw). He tipped me off to the show and said there'd be a flyer in my parts order with details. This ought to be a good show!

Roseville?? They may attract those from Sacramento, but for the rest of us they may as well have held it on the moon!Well, give us a report when it happens...

I'm going and Tim McMurray of MAC 1 Airguns and LD will have a booth/table there...

Roseville?? They may attract those from Sacramento, but for the rest of us they may as well have held it on the moon!Well, give us a report when it happens...
I think you might be suprised how far folks will come from. While not on the moon, it is the only airgun show west of the Misissippi and guys have been asking. Several friends and I will no doubt be driving in from the bay area. Hope to see you there......Doug Owen

I think you might be suprised how far folks will come from...
You're right about that! Bryan and his father (Bryan & Assoc.) will be driving out from SC! Thankfully I don't have quite that far to go :1087: It's also the same weekend as the Indian jewelry, coin and knife sho... errr... gun show at CalExpo.Here's a flyer of shows around the country:shows2.jpg

I think I am going to try to make this one also. I have never been to an air gun show. Hope I remember or see something about it when March comes or I will forget.

Just made plans to go and put it on the Calender. Going with a friend on March 5th. This might be expensive. LOL Every one calls my friend the BB gun guy around here. He will not let me forget. Hope to see some of you there.

I want to go too. So we'll make Dave responsible for reminding us since he posted this.
Hey don't forget to go! :lol: My work here is done! :lol:

Hey Airgunners, I will be attending the CA show ..Displaying my "Gold","Chrome" ,& "Nickle" airguns..& doing repairs right at my table.!!! I am listed under "venders". I think if I can make it from NY all those from San diego who figured it may as well been on the moon..Should try also..You don't know what you're going to miss..I go to all the East coast shows & you meet all kinds of great people with airguns, knowledge & info.. I am driving VIA SC to pick up Ron Sauls & we'll be attending together. Looking forward to meeting all the guys on the west coast that have dealt with me over the yrs !!! If anyone has any questions about repairs ..feel free to drop me a line. phantymwulf@juno.com phantymwulf

I want to go too. So we'll make Dave responsible for reminding us since he posted this.
What's with this reminding stuff? I vote we make him responsible for driving us.....prolly he could rent a limo?Doug Owen

Hey Airgunners, I will be attending the CA show ..Displaying my "Gold","Chrome" ,& "Nickle" airguns..& doing repairs right at my table.!!! I am listed under "venders". I think if I can make it from NY all those from San diego who figured it may as well been on the moon..Should try also..You don't know what you're going to miss..I go to all the East coast shows & you meet all kinds of great people with airguns, knowledge & info.. I am driving VIA SC to pick up Ron Sauls & we'll be attending together. Looking forward to meeting all the guys on the west coast that have dealt with me over the yrs !!! If anyone has any questions about repairs ..feel free to drop me a line. phantymwulf@juno.com phantymwulf
Don't know if you'll make the long distance record for attending the show but, at around 3500 miles driving you should be a contender. You'll definitely see a lot of different country. Have a good trip, I'll stop by your booth at the show.

Ron Sauls & I will enjoy the country side..visiting people & places on the way out & on the way back.!!! Look forward to seeing all the West coast airunners....Will Pack in & bring along as much East coast knowledge as I can ..Driving from NY to SC to CA..isnt that far...By the way who does own the long distance record for the CA show???? Tom

A air gun show for S. Calif. would be nice. Talk it up.

Tom: You know if I come from NY that I would be the longer distance. Busy preparing for the 20th year Show @ Baldwinsville, NY @ American Legion Post 113, 8529 Smokey Hollow Road, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 July 15th & 16th 2011. NYS American Legion State Championship the 19th of Feb @ Cicero Legion Post in Cicero, NY. Expecting 80+ youths to shoot in 3 position air rifle this year. Perhaps I should bring some air machine guns for display? Leon

Hi Rich, This is a special treat to meet the man who's name is synonymous with air guns in the USA. We need to take this opportunity because like the rest of us Doc is not getting any younger.The vendor list is starting to grow and it should be a lot of fun. If you are thinking about an air rifle this is the place you want to be.Hope to see a lot of you there.Jim in Sacramento

Larry..Larry.Larry...I am so positively certain that Ron Sauls & I carry enough East coast knowledge, Wisdom & understanding to share with the West coast airgunners. We are fully capable of having a great time out of the snow & into the warm sunshine...And with only the slightest possible chance of missing you. We will think about you when we get back......................... On the other hand..California here we come...Can't wait to listen to the stories & take pictures for Airgun Hobbiest..& run itnto more great airgunners that I have dealt with for many yrs & not met..Plus the many others that come to the show!!! The Vendor list looks awesome!!! phantymwulf

Air Gun Hobbyist will be at the West Coast show. Only US air gun magazine. The Hobbyist will have current issues, back issues , subscriptions on hand for the Air Gun Hobbyist. Lot's of good information in each issue. So hope you stop and look over the Air gun Hobbyist magazine at the West Coast show.

I-5 N6 hrs 32 mins / 417.88 miles CA-99 N6 hrs 53 mins / 415.39 miles :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Hey John the West Coast Airgun Show is tomorrow :signs165xk: Show open to public 10:30 am to 5:00 pmSo who's all going? When and where are we going to meet up? Looks like it will be in Johnson Hall inside the fairgrounds. I look forward to meeting some of you!Did I miss something, looks like John's posts are missing?

I thought he posted on this topic too. I must have missed something again too. I am going, but have to take the kids. My other half's aunt passed on monday so I took her to the airport and flew her up to be with her family for the funeral. Planned on going to this by my self with out the touchy feel every thing kids. But you have to take what life brings you. Kids or no kids I am going.

Made the show this morning. Had quite few things to look at there. I took 800.00 with me and came home with 795.00. I was really looking to spend some money but did not find exactly what I was looking for. I wish the show would have been a little bigger and spread out some. The walking isle's were pretty crowded in a lot of places. I was also expecting vendors there to be selling some new air rifles. Mostly used ones there, some real nice ones and a lot of junk. Just did not find one that said I have to have it.

That was pretty much my experience, we did buy a couple of things but no air guns. It was fun but I'm glad I didn't drive there from a long ways away.

Sure glad I was tied up today and couldn't make it, given the comments of you two. I was kinda considering going tomorrow, but sure won't now.