southwestca

Optics?

10 posts in this topic

:smiley-outta-here: Just recently purchased a Ruger#1V .22-250 trying to decide on the proper scope? Leaning towards a Leuepold VX3 3.5X10X50I will be hunting southern CA mostly and some in Utah thinking this model will allow for some distance (250-400yards) when needed also be clear for close range. Would like to hear any opinions or suggestions

thats the scope i use with a 40mm bell

How much are you looking to spend? If you wanna be in the 300 range, id get something with a little more magnification for those 400 yard shot. Check out the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot scope. Tons of scope for not much money. I have 2. Hit up Scott at Liberty Optics for the best price.

How much are you looking to spend? If you wanna be in the 300 range, id get something with a little more magnification for those 400 yard shot. Check out the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot scope. Tons of scope for not much money. I have 2. Hit up Scott at Liberty Optics for the best price.
I want keep it at 500.00 or less the 4.5X14 seems to be a popular choice.

thats the scope i use with a 40mm bell
How do you like it at distance? Do you have A/O on it or no?

You owe it to yourself to check out the Hawke Optics line offered through RedHunterLLC. For a 22-250, the Hawke Tactical series offers many advantages over the competition. Excellent optics, glass etched illuminated (dual color) reticles, side focus, HD glass, a free ballistic calculator program that will match any caliber round and load to your scope's reticle and a killer lifetime warranty. Check out the comments in the scope and optics section of this forum. If they were not excellent scopes, I wouldn't be saying so without being contradicted. The pricing is also well within your budget. Hawke is the best selling brand of scope in Europe for a reason. We have been selling these scopes for three years and have very satisfied customers. Check it out and PM me with any questions. I am confident that you will be pleased with your purchase and our personal customer service.

+1 on the Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 mildot. I've got one and it's a great scope. You can pick them up for $250 if you shop around. Or if you want something with more magnification, consider a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 mildot (30mm tube). It's reported to have glass as nice as a Leupold VX-3 but costs $399. My friend has one on his .308 and it's a great scope. Also, because it's side focus, it doesn't have a large objective bell despite having a 44mm objective lens. So you can mount it fairly low. And Vortex has one of the best lifetime warranties in the business. http://www.opticsplanet.net/vortex-riflesc...vpr-m-05fp.htmlA few months ago, Vortex was blowing out the discontinued 6.5-20x44 models for $279, including a target dot version that was really nice. It was a great deal if you can still find them.

+1 for Hawke.I like my Hawke scopes more then my Leupold VX-III 3.5x10x50. Let me know if you want to buy my Leupold.

I decided on a Leupold VX3 4.5X14x40 A/0 should be here in a few days. I am anxious to finally be able take it to the range. Like Leupold's Guarantee also I try to buy American made when possible. I want to thank everyone for their input