Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
milkman

300 whisper upper

5 posts in this topic

Well, I walked into the Cal Expo gun show yesterday and was walking around and I noticed sevel AR dealers...I had a dummy 300 Whisper/Fireball round in my pocket and asked the dealers if they had a barrel for or an upper for this round...Most of them said whats that or no..One dealer said" oh 300 Whisper, I have this upper for the last 2-3 years..no bolt and flash hider...400.00 dollars...SCORE!!! Then I had to call my buddie Cyrus who is addicted to the Whisper and brag...He is totally jelous...Now I have to buy a bolt and a flash hider then i will be ready to rock...glenn

jd jones sold the rights to that caliber to some one else now and they renamed it to something like 300 tac ops I will have to check again tomorrow they are supposed to be selling loaded ammo for it soon

Yeah I talked to Mr Jones a few years back...he was not happy about the fact that redding was making dies for the whisper...he told me that those dies were not correct and would cause issues..he wanted me to buy rcbs dies through him... I think not..I cannot wait to get a bolt and a flash hider...oh well have a great day...glenn

noveske calls it the 300 black out