CBR400RR

Raccoon

12 posts in this topic

Well the other night while watching a movie we heard a lot of noise on the back porch and just thought the dogs were playing until I heard our Chihuahua yelping. We went outside and she and our Boston terrier ran a Raccoon up on the roof so I got my AZ tuned .22 Rapid with JSB 18.1 going around 980+ FPS and hit it in the forehead from about 20 yards away. The Raccoon did a back flip off the roof landed on the shed roof and bounced off and over the fence into the neighbor’s yard and that was the end of him.

Lucky neighbor!Nice job, I wouldnt trust my .177 to a raccoon.

CBR400RR,Is your neighbor airgun friendly or anti raccoon?

Both, he was out there with a flash light too the raccoon attacked their cats also.

A friend of mine has a nice house on the edge of town with a shake roof. Two coons tore through it and were living in the attic. They can be destructive sometimes too.

Both, he was out there with a flash light too the raccoon attacked their cats also.
Dang. I was hoping it was some neighbor you didnt really know, you shoot a raccoon into his yard, then the next day you see him walk outside to get his paper and hes wearing a raccoon skin cap.

That would be funny, I plan on getting a few .25 airguns to go with my .177s and .22s next year so I can take bigger game easier. Do you think a high power .25 would take a coyote with a head shot?

Well looks like I will have to get at least 1 .50 or something with as much power or more then.

I seem to recall this person posting on hear once before, about bagging a coyote in the desert. I think its the same guy.

If ya go get on PAG (pomona airguns) site,this same guy has pics of Jacks he has taken...