tonyd

Throwing Knives ( for fun )

12 posts in this topic

Throwing Knives, anybody get into this? have a favorite brand, etc. Not trying to be a Ninja or anything, just thought it might be more fun then darts. Tony D

When you go to the Rendezvous and do the trail walks, they almost always have one for the hatchet and one for the knife. It is a real blast doing the walk and competing against others. Lots of fun. Naturally, there is the shooting with the muzzleloader and the camping. Great weekends and for very little cost. Check em out.

Ya they are lol if you want a bit more of a chanllenge toss some 16 ga. nails in to a stud. Now that is something thats fun,when you get good to you can bet some their pay check that you can do it. Use to come up on an extra 600 when i did it lol/

I don't know about throwing knives or hunting with a nail gun but I've always wondered why then-Governor Reagan signed the law outlawing blowguns in California. There are clubs and competitions in states where this is legal. Looks like fun to me. Lots of interesting blowgun videos floating around, including one purporting to show darts made from coat hanger wire penetrating through a 1/2 board. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjIUuvausnw If I left California I suppose I could test how bicycle spoke wire darts compare to bamboo skewers. :signgreatreport3kg:

I always wondered the same thing mtn dog.I never saw any bumper stickers like this.

When blow guns are outlawed only outlaws will have blow guns.
:smiley_turkey_pop_up_log::roflmao3[1]:

I always wondered the same thing mtn dog.I never saw any bumper stickers like this. :roflmao3[1]::wedgie[1]:
I'm guessing the politicians didn't read the bill and signed it once they were assured it was 'guns', not 'jobs', they were banning. Ya think? :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: I wonder if there is an easily accessed archive where one can read the arguments for and against old bills. Maybe, back then, the streets were littered with the victims of rampaging Amazon Indians and Ninjas?

I throw almost daily. Have several sets of throwers. Favorite is Boker Magnum Zeil 13". I wrap the grip and part of blade with magnetic and lead tape to get them heavier. I've also gotten pretty accurate with some heavy specialty hawks.