Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigfoot

What shooting sticks do you use?

7 posts in this topic

I bought these stoney point scissor style sticks that said they were 12" to 30 something. I find for a heavier rifle, the range is pretty limited because the legs can't stretch out too for or they slide out.I'm thinking telescopic is a better way to go, but I don't have much experience to know any better. What do you use or recommend for shooting while sitting on the ground? I don't think I really want a huge bipod on my rifle either.

Try a search in the equipment forum. There are too many topics about them to cut and paste here. Good luck

ShooterJohn told you right.. lots of posts on shooting sticks and Bipods. I use both, and both have their limits. Id suggest looking at Varmint Al's site, and build your own for a few dollars and give them a try. Dont forget the nails in the ends of the sticks. Thats what makes them stick well. Good luck.

Well, I lost count on how many shooting stix and bypods I own. UGH! :rolleyes: I use bypods for big game and shooting stix for predators. That has worked the best for me.Currently my favorite shooting stix are called "Predator Sniper Styx" (pss-38 camo) for $39.95 at ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM. (pricey, I know). However, I liked them so well, I had to have a 2nd set. They are 38" tall, camo & light weight. Oh, ALLPREDATORCALLS is currently out of them as I just checked, but they'll get more. Also, ditto what Grant said on the nails at the bottom. The styx I mentioned above have sharp points (that you should put glue on before installing on the styx.Good LuckFrank

Simple Pole cats!!!! you can't beat them. I have had mine for two ROUGH seasons. From twenty below to a foot of mud there still going strong! best of luck to you!

Hey, I searched and found a ton of posts! hah, thanks, didn't realize how common the question was. I'll check out these suggestions too.Thank you,Mike

Not sure of the brand I got but they were missed priced & got them cheaper than they should have been . Fixed ( not extended ) would be about 22" , then you can adjust up to the nest 40 " or so , then the 3rd ext comes out making it possible to almost shoot fully erected . funny word . so that would put the " U " around 58 - 60" s . I am 6'2" and shoot off them standing . not sure of brand . There is a paw print on the feet . I think I spent 40.00 for them . can definately say that they have increased my hit ratio . Use them for walking hunting . Andy