Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nomadsurfer7

bow present for newby

8 posts in this topic

Im new here, but thought i would chime in on this, I hear some pretty bad things about them, the price is reasonable (i believe they are about $150) but I hear lots of reports of cracking etc.. IMO i would use that money to buy a decent used recurve

I don't know about their recurves but Martin makes a great compound bow. I use to shoot a jaguar or cougar I forgot what it was called but it was a nice bow. I sold it cause I moved out of the country. Check out the Alien X and the Firecat TR-2 they are shooting over 340fps. Thats like a laser beam in the archery world. Good luck and have fun.

I've shot a Martin Hunter takedown since I was in high school, still have it and shoot it regularly. It's a nice bow, but in 1980 cost me more than the one you are looking at now, so its a "you get what you pay for" thing...

the martin hunter is a great bow.this is a less expensive bow but after limb savers and beaver balls its quiet and fast,but I was more interested if any one had any bad experiences with one

I had a very good friend (may he rest in peace) give me a Bear Kodiak once and I just loved the way it shot. They're not expensive and in the right wieght they make great adittions to any bow collection. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: