Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
THE KNOT

just a sweet shooter

6 posts in this topic

About a year ago i came upon this gun for $60 after one shot i knew it had power but the trigger was harsh . So a few days ago i took it to cobra where mike tuned up the trigger and it's smooth as silk now short 1st and crisp light 2nd i cant believe how different it shoots now. Over the crony with six pumps it spits .17cal 10 grain cp's at 707 fps . Had some time and went to the chicken coop to shoot her today and found these 2 jumping around in the trees both where harvested at 25 yards . with the peep sight and red nail polish on the nose it was easy pickings head shots on both leaning on my jeep.DSC02470.jpg

Way to go Knot...!! Those pumpers can be fun. I have a 1975 Sheridan .20 cal that shot pretty good using Benjamin Cylindricals at 650 FPS...(it's getting the steroid treatment at Tim's Mac 1 Airguns)...can't wait to get it back..

Thanks guys CH I've seen your gun it got me thinking along with johns posting his Sheridan i was ready and found my 397 by chance . being at the shop {cobraairguns.com} at the right time i wanted .20cal but i also shot 16 grain eun jins at 545 fps with 6 pumps . It easy to get to 6 and it's real solid so for now stock is real good mike at the shop put a lighter spring in and polished up the trigger surfaces and it's a crisp semi 2 stage right now . I have given steroiding thought but I'm going for a talon ss in.20cal to round out my quiver should have it by the new year . It's funny with the benji i shoot targets and spinners my other six guns pest hunt only silly but i don't mind pumping it. Thanks to all the members here for posting there benji's and Sheridan's it always kept me looking for mine as a kid in the 70's my crossman 766 in 22 cal did me right but a dan in .17cal was my friends slayer and always had me jealous .

Nice shooting on the squirrels. Those air rifles were the one's when I was a kid. Still have mine in 5mm.