Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tonyd

on-line taxidermty supplies

7 posts in this topic

Been having decent luck the last couple of times out, would love to try and mount some game ( you know that's not what I meant) all small stuff so far, Rabbits, hope to get a coyote. Anyone out there have a favorite Taxidermy supply place?Thanks

i like research mannikens. their materials are a higher quality compared to van dykes in my opinion. they are a little more pricey though.

Thanks, I just checked them out , nice stuff. I see your from Turlock, do you use Golden state tannery??

i used golden state one time and one time only. i took 3 deer capes and a bear hide in that were raw and the ears were not turned and the lips and eyes were not split yet with the exception of the bear. i caped from skulls myself and knew these were in great condition. i usually do this myself along with the tanning and wont get into reasons why i went through them. when i picked up the hides the ears were not even half turned and a light rub removed all hair. the eyes were not split causing the same problem and the bear could not be found. all were to be wet tanned for mounting. approx. 7 months down the road i got a call that they found the bear and it will be ready in a couple days. i went to pick up and it was dry tanned. i was refunded all $$$$$$ but will never use them again.