Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rdsii64

Another laser Genetics ND3 question

4 posts in this topic

If I am correct in the state of california you cannot attach a ND3 or similar device to a firearm. In light of this I would like to pose a question.Since it is powered by a pair of 3 volt batteries (ie less than 9 volts) and is self contained, could you use it hand held assuming its legal to use a light to night hunt in your location.

If its off the gun or any other weapon and self powerd its just a flash light. I would think so. But Im no expert on that stuff.

If it is not attached to your weapon, it should be legal. Dang, those things are sure pricey though. A good red CREE diode flashlight would work just as well for a fraction of the cost.

You can use it as a hand held light. I use mine (ND3x40) hand held up against the scope of my rifle with my off hand. My rifle is on my BOGPOD sticks which allows me to pan left or right and still keep my hands on the rifle and light. They're also great for lighting up illegals in the desert so the BP can see them easily. Too bad there isn't a bounty on illegals, I'd be rich by now.