Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lenny

Dog Taco

22 posts in this topic

Well after seeing Jeff's Tacoma (TACO) had to get one,took it out sunday and im very happy,rides nice on the hwy & dirt not a class 1 car by any means but not a mac truck like my crew cab.post-3-1291051238.jpg

Yup...I agree. That was one of the most reliable and trouble free trucks I have ever owned.

Well the Taco's ready for our Chrismas/New Years trip to Baja.post-3-1292431231.jpgHeres one openpost-3-1292431266.jpgpost-3-1292431272.jpg

post-3-1292431231.jpg
That is awesome, how is it supported once it is open? How much weight can it hold?

Well after seeing Jeff's Tacoma (TACO) had to get one,took it out sunday and im very happy,rides nice on the hwy & dirt not a class 1 car by any means but not a mac truck like my crew cab.post-3-1291051238.jpg
would you like to buy aq Yakima rack for the truck...I have a BRAND new...never open set for the Tacoma....comes with everything except that i dont have the basket like Jeff...

That is awesome, how is it supported once it is open? How much weight can it hold?
Onces it open it has a stop plate and the ladder supports it,It wgt is 125lb.
would you like to buy aq Yakima rack for the truck...I have a BRAND new...never open set for the Tacoma....comes with everything except that i dont have the basket like Jeff...
Not at this time but if I change my mind Ill let ya know Thanks.

Put a bumper and winch in a couple weeks ago,found the snorkel on craigs list,Im planing a trip on the mojave trail next month,camping and some coyote hunting along the way,Barstow to Riverpost-3-1317171299.jpg

Snorkle I want to see pics when you use it. Thats cool don't give me any ideas . How come theres no scratches on that truck yet. :D

Very nice! I own a 1992 Toyota 4x4 and it still runs pretty darn good for being almost 20 years old. I'm sure it would run even better if I would take the time to get it tuned up again. It has well over 350,000 miles on it too. I think you will be happy with the reliability of that truck. :D

Snorkle I want to see pics when you use it. Thats cool don't give me any ideas . How come theres no scratches on that truck yet. :signs1180lq:
Most guys put snorkels on their rigs for the looks, not that that's the case here. I'm just sayin..

I got the snorkel for $200 and yes i said the same thing,I never go in water but there is one good water crossing on the mojave trail,Ive got almost 10k on this truck in less then a year,been good on the scatches but alot of rock rash down low

I'm not bashing you for ptting the snorkel on just stating the facts. Remember that you need to seal your electrical system before doing a water crossing that is deep enough to need that snorkel and make sure the breather tubes for your diff is extended up high enough.

looks mean.....so what's the gas mileage on those taco trucks and what size motor do you have in it?I have never seen a tent like that either.I am thinking if I get in that thing it will calapse :)

I don't have a snorkle, and I've got pics of my Tacoma in water over the hood. As long as you keep moving, you don't need to get made fun of.

looks mean.....so what's the gas mileage on those taco trucks and what size motor do you have in it?I have never seen a tent like that either.I am thinking if I get in that thing it will calapse :)
The 32 x 11.50 are the same as stock just wider so my mileage is Ok as long as im nice to the peddle 65/17.5mpg 75/16.0mpg 80plus/15mpg,the bed is strong the only thing is when me and my wife go camping you can fill when each other moves around (makes the hole truck move)3.4 v6 its good power not great!!!!

I can't accurately get my mileage because my odometer was never recalibrated for the 33's, but with the lift, bumpers, and the rack, I think I'm lucky to be getting 11 mpg. IT SUCKS up the gas.

Jeff I put this roof rack on and it killed my MPG from 15/17 to 13/15 or worse if its windy,and it sounded like a F16 was going to land on the roof,I pulled it off,post-3-1321306398.jpg