Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1shot_1kill

Boyd's Replacement Stock for Steven's 200 SA

10 posts in this topic

Just received a new stock from boyd's in the mail for my Stevens model 200 in 223 cal, I will be installing it soon and i will be posting my results. This stock will be replacing the flimsy plastic stock that comes on the model 200, if you own one you know what I am talking about.... :signgreatreport3kg:

That's a nice upgrade. I'll have to tell my buddy to check Boyds. He wants to change his model 200 stock, too.

Let me know if it improved the groups on the range. I have it in 22-250 and dont care for the stock either....Looking at the Boyds thumbhole.With the 22-250 I noticed the day to day the stock to action changes, stock to barrel (the ol dollar bill) somtimes a tight fit. thought about using the dremmel to open up the areas a little too.

Was able to get out to the range today and do some shooting with this new stock, I had picked up 4 diff kinds of cheap ammo from sportsman's warehouse, the rifle seems to like the Hornady stuff the best. I was shooting from 100yd on these 3 shot groups..... The rifle is getting much better groups then it was with the plastic stock....range1.jpg

The Hornady looks very good but they all are acceptable except the FMJ is only good for Zombie shooting. :signs165xk:

Yeah i checked this one when i installed it with the dollar bill trick and every thing was good, they say on the website that there might be some minor mods to make every thing fit perfectly....