Thumper Dunker

OOOOOHYAAAAAAAA.

19 posts in this topic

Went calling this morning. First stand my rabbit call was sounding goofy, real high pitch almost like a squirrel call. I used it any way just started doing some screams like you do with a rabbit call . Did that with some fox distres and barks. at about the ten minute mark I see movement way out there . Theres a coyote maybe 300 yards out just walking around making his way to me. He's just taking his time, Taking for ever , blew some kisses at it and it started to move a little faster. Some more kisses and its running. Have the bow up but its coming in to my right. At about 40 yards it slows and starts circling to my left. Gets to the 30 mark and and stops . It has me pinned. It starts to turn but the arrow is already on its way. It spins and goes down only to pop up running ,goes bihind the other row of cherries and I lose it. Sit there for a bit get up and go looking for sme blood . Theres no blood or arrow. Go back to the tree where I shot from then walked back to where i hit it. Nothing Dang. Start walking back to the tree and find this.arrow2221.jpgcloser lookarrow2222.jpgHe was only 18 of my big steps out. Start looking in the right area and start fing this.arrow2223.jpgand some more arrow2224.jpgAn hour later Im close to 100 yards from the shot. I find this.arrow2226.jpgThinking I jumped him when he was laying down . I get on my knees to look uder the trees for movent. Theres a coyote looking at me about 75 yards out ,it turns and vanishes. Dang. Get up saying alkinds of stuff and thirty feet in front of me I see this. But with out the bow and stuff.arrow2227.jpg About the fouth stand had two come in but hung up out there . First time out with the new girl freind and she makes blood . Think this bows a keeper.

Heres the entrance. High behind theleft shoulder.arrow2229.jpgThe exit low right befor the right leg.arrow2228.jpg

Wow you finally got another one and with your new long bow.Now that's sure takes patience .Did you marinate that dog the meat does not look to bad.

Nice going!

Awesome Thumper! Makes me want to get out and try it with my stick!

Im not sure any more. I think they are magnes? . 1" wide 100 grn .130 grn insert,arrow with everry thing on it is 500 +grn . Cronied the bow with those arrows 170fps +-.. But they hit hard. Can't wait to get back out there.

Nice shot! I think I may just go out with my recurve aswell and take a couple shots at the yotes.