Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nomadsurfer7

dorado draw length

13 posts in this topic

Recurve bows don't have a max draw length. Well - I guess if you draw it back far enough to pull the bowstring off the limbs that could be too far... :drinks: For all modern Recurves, the draw weight of the bow is determined at 28 inches, so my labeled 50# limbs are actually closer to 60# at my particular draw length.

Yep - that's my draw length also... actual weight will be dependent on the limb design for that particular bow.Your local bow shop will have a scale mounted to the wall that you can put your bow on and pull down to your draw length, then you can see the actual poundage at your length.

If its 50@ 28 At 30 it wil be 4-6 pounds heavier. if your draw is shorter than 28 its less . most good bows are 2 to 4 pounds per inch. But all bows are diferent. The draw lenth on most recurves are till it breaks :good: .Go ahead and shoot the heck out of that bow your not going top hurt it, make it a killer.

How do you measure draw length?

Cool John, thanks.

That is the first time I've seen that one! That is cool!I figured it out - go to lmgtfy.com, enter the search term in the box, then it displays a link you can copy and paste into the forum.