Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tradhistorian

What Bow do you use?

10 posts in this topic

I am using my new (old) Darton Maverick. I am very pleased with it.

Depends on my mood, how much I've been practicing and expected distances involved - I could be hunting with a 55# Zona longbow, a 50# Martin take-down Recurve, or a 65# Mathews Drenlin.If I'm bowfishing I use a 45# Oneida H250, and put the 30# limbs on the recurve as a backup...

I have hunted with a compound years ago but since I went traditional there is nothing like it.I shoot a 50 lb hoyt dorado and it is the greatest hunting bow i have ever used.

Thanks for all the replies guys I love seeing all the varieties and looking them up. I love recurve and right now am shooting a horsebow but don't want to take that hunting so am looking for ideas on bows to look into and save up for. I am looking at the dalaa but there are a lot of bells and whistles I am not ready for and am nervous about the hoyts being 5 lbs over marking and with my 30.5 draw that could be a small proble For me...keep letting me know what bows your using I enjoy reading about the bows and ofcourse the picsBrett

Mostly my AMF wing . 60@28 or my Self bow kinda 65@28. Or both. Some times my Howitt Bandito 55@28. When Im tierd :roflmao3[1]: Both my recurves are over 30+ years old and still going. Lets see some pictures.My Wingarrow2185-1.jpgMy Howittarrow2047.jpgMy stick.arrow2161-1.jpg

Mathews MQ32. Purchased the bow in 2001, I believe. I am kinda thinking it is time to get a new Hoyt, however if it is not broken than don't fix it... The mathews still does the job. Got a deer this year and antelope last year with it. I am just wondering if I could reach out further with a new bow?