Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtn dog

Need to get barrel threaded for choke tube

5 posts in this topic

My only shotgun is designed more for killing than hunting. Remington 870 Police Magnum, 18" barrel, cylinder choke. No threads for choke tube. Strictly business, no frills. I don't want to drop a couple hundred bills for an extra barrel so I would like to get it threaded. Has anyone ever had that done? What kind of cost should I expect?I use the shotgun with #4 Buck for coyotes. What choke do I want? (Speaking of $100 bills... I don't get to see very many of them. Are they the ones with a picture of Meg Whitman?) :roflmao3[1]:

I had one of my Rem (wingmaster) 870's threaded with Briley choke tubes & the barrel shortened to around 21" perhaps 25 (?) yrs ago. I love it... hmmm, but my youngest son decided he likes it even more. lolAnyway, can't recall what I paid back then, but am sure it will cost every bit as much as a replacement barrel. Believe it was close to $200 back then, but don't hold me to that... So would likely be more $$ today? Perhaps someone else would charge less $$, but would have to shop around, like for most things. But Briley is very well known of course / good quality.The tube I have for coyotes for another 870 of mine is called "Carlson's dead coyote (Rem) choke". It is black in color & bought it from ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM. 3" Rem #4 buck patterns very nice. May do just as well buying another Rem 870 (express?) that is already threaded and gives you a spare gun to boot? Sometimes good deals can be found on used ones also.Good Luck

Read this thread Ken. The place I recommended to Clampdaddy was great as they had been to my buddy. Plus they are what I consider very economically priced and fast.http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ind...ost&p=72952R & D CUSTOM BARREL SERVICEA Subsidiary of AmeriChokehttp://www.americhoke.com/

Thanks, SJ. Pretty solid recommendations when coming from you and Clampdaddy.

I had mine done at americhoke as well. Great service and back in a week and a half. Just make sure you call ahead before you ship.