Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mean

9 month quest

8 posts in this topic

So... Bought a new boat, mainly for duck hunting. Took it fishing for the last 9 months and got this "small" 56 inch 60 pound female sturgeon.post-3-1285861084.jpg

Nice fish, congratulations on hanging in there to catch your prize. At least you caught a keeper. I hate catch and release on those. Not like the old days where bigger was better. That fish will be an excellent eating fish, enjoy :signs1180lq: .

A boat is a boat weather you have a shotgun or a fishing rod.. huh? That is great looking fish you have there. I have never tasted sturgeon...are you going to tell me it taste like chicken. :signs1180lq:

NO it does not taste like chicken. Thanks for the support. A boat is a boat until it comes to ducks. I have had a great time having a new depandable boat. I hope you all have a great time like I did.

Congrats on the fish! It's a monster!

Thanks, this thing fought like a beast. Took me about a half hour to get her in. I run a 7 foot ugly stick with 65lb braid, and a steel two foot leader. I thought i hooked another boat when i set the hook. I have been chasing the sturgeons for about 9 months now and have had almost everyone on my boat get one at some point. I was pretty amped when i FINALLY got one.