Braz

The Gopher is Dead

15 posts in this topic

On Labor Day weekend I was just stepping out on my porch at the cabin, and as I was doing it I was thinking about the gopher mounds in the front yard. I was really PO'd at that little guy and about that time I saw some dirt being tossed up. Hello! I jumped back into the house and grabbed the Beeman GS1000 springer. Back outside and leaned up against one of the uprights on the front deck and waited. Sure enough, more dirt being tossed up in the air. I put the cross hairs where I thought he would next be and waited. In about a minute, more dirt, and then he moved out of the hole right under the cross hairs. One dead gopher! Don't let the graphic nature of the pictures turn you off.IMG_0737.jpgIMG_0738.jpg

Awwwww, he looks sooooo cute. Now, my tree hugger sister-in-law would go, "oooh, how could you do that", and my response is, "it's easy, I put the crosshair right between his eyes, and sqeeeeeezze the trigger". Her response is, "THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN, AND YOU KNOW IT!" :smiley-funny-post-sign:

You should be getting close to having enough gopher hides for those fur covered ear warmers you've been dreaming about.I like the coloring on the Beeman's stock.

Looks like a Boones and Crockett winner! Get that baby mounted!

LMAO! i had a similar experience many months ago. i was outside and a fat ratlanded in my aluminum recylcing trashcan. and i thought "no you didnt" :roflmao3[1]: i retrieved my .22 marauder and at total point blank blew it's head off. :pirashoot: i never even had to adjust my MAG/AO. :roflmao3[1]:

Way to go Braz! That is dangerous game right there. Such big teeth and claws for there size, and the destruction they can do to ones lawn with them. I hunt them year round but only manage to take a few each year. LOL

I think I just broke that same scope on my Crosman Quest if its a Bushnell 3-9x32 Rimfire. I dont really know it just is a bushnell and looks similar. Nice shooting anyway, I dont think any animals are dumb enough to come to my yard in the day time now.