BgBamBoo

My Tikka T3 Lite now with Tacti-koolness!!

19 posts in this topic

That looks good Stan!Are going to have the barrel reamed out to 223 AI?I had my Tikka T3 223 Rem reamed out to Ackley Improved and it has been working great so far.The fire forming is easy. I reloaded 50 gr bullets in new brass and shot them at squirrels to do the fire forming. Some of the 223 AI data I have found shows it shooting a 50 gr bullet at 3600 fps.

The threads were the first thing my gunsmith checked and they were not metric threads on my Tikka T-3. He had never worked on a Tikka before so he was concerned about the threads, they were US threads. The thing I learned on reaming out a 223 Rem to 223 AI is that the gunsmith needs to set the barrel bac .004" to make the headspace right. It makes the 223Rem shells a crush fit into the 223 AI chamber. So when I fire form the 223 Rem ammo it is a little hard to close the bolt, it is not bad though. I will try to find the links on some of the 223 AI information I got to show my gunsmith, I will send you some info later.

I really like the bolt shroud. :roflmao3[1]: I wish Tikka would go to an open top action like the Sako. That is the only thing I don't like about my T3 Lite. It'd be nice to have the top milled open and it would shave even a little more weight.

Do you have a web page for those tikka mods? I would love to add the bolt handle and bottom metal and new mag to my 308 tikka.

Looks good.. You gonna chop the barrel and throw on a muzzle brake like your old 243?

What happened to all BgBamBoo's posts? I just bought 2 Tikka T3 Lite's and one of them wanted to mod them a little. I remmbered Stan had done mods to his but cant info any of the info...

He erased them before he left.
Doh!!!