Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Ty

Metric caliber

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on the 9.3X74R? I know it is about .38 but what are the ballistics? I don't have my old reloading book handy because I let my Dad borrow it. Does anyone have any loads that they like? Some info would be great. Thanks Guys you rock.Ty

Old rimmed .366 caliber I believe. Would be a great round for hogs, moose, and elk.

clamydaddy. I don't like to stand out here to a ChiefFeathercloud member, but a 9.3x74R is similar to a 375H&H which I think might actually obliterate a pig if it weren't a trophy boar... This is a great old continental cartridge and popular in Africa. A cartridge of royalty and the great German game hunters in the early 20th century.

clamydaddy. I don't like to stand out here to a ChiefFeathercloud member, but a 9.3x74R is similar to a 375H&H which I think might actually obliterate a pig if it weren't a trophy boar... This is a great old continental cartridge and popular in Africa. A cartridge of royalty and the great German game hunters in the early 20th century.
I've read that once upon a time it was actually a very popular round for hunting boar in Germany. A 250gr bullet at around 2400 fps isn't out of question as a hog round. It's about what you would expect from a .35 Whelen.