ronniebms

Hello All...

8 posts in this topic

Hello All,I'm Ron from Central Cali. I'm near several Shotgun / Archery only reserves. I'm thinking about modding a Gamo Shadow Express shotgun with a sight / scope and shooting 22 cal pellet. Does anyone have any thoughts on this gun? Is it worth messing with. The reserves are mostly empty except for duck, pheasant, and dove seasons. I Went to one yesterday for a hike and only saw 2 hunters. Regarding DFG. Will they consider this a shotgun? I'm paranoid because two Wardens may see it differently. I suppose I could email DFG and carry a copy of their answer. Shadow Express Shadow Express[item# 61100695554]Air Shotgun/Air rifle CombinationTake care,Ron

Not sure I understand, you want to use an air rifle to shoot a pellet(not shotshell) in a shotgun / archery only reserves? Hahaha, no.

ronniebms, from what I have read the Gamo shotgun really doesn't have enough power to do anything accept hunt dragon flies maybe if you are using the shot shells. If you try to shoot a pellet with the smooth bore you won't really get much accuracy. No more than a crossman 760 anyway. All this trouble might be a loosing proposition for you. What are you wanting to hunt for? Knowing the DFG, I think a warden would make a call that this is a rifle, not a shotgun. No different than shooting a 22 long rifle bird shot round out of a rimfire. Good luck, Gapmaster

dragonflies yes! nothing more.springer airshotguns are a novelty. the gamo's throw a 17 grain chargeof #12 "dust shot" at a whopping 650 fps.you might kill a field mouse at 10 feet.

Ronniebms, I agree with Airgunny. I will go one step further and say your better off selling the Gamo Shadow Express air/shotgun and using the money to put toward buying a decent shotgun like a Remington 870.

Remington 870' Express on sale at Big Five: $279..either 12 or 20 gauge..28" barrel...I think..

first hand I've shot one and seen one shot about 20 times at a cardboard stop JMO save your cash go in a different direction they kill nothing according to my friend who hunted with one he's a dam good gamo smith also at my local shop cobra airguns here on LI .

Thanks for the replies guys, It looked like a novelty item, and I should have the remembered the "too good to be true rule"... I've got an 870 and an old compound bow so hunting the refuge isn't a problem, Just trying to figure air gun hunt close to home. Take Care,Ron