Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy1970

Castaic Lake

4 posts in this topic

had to get a line wet . tired of staying in avoiding the heat . did not get a single bite . Was packing up and a better sized 3-4# Largemouth grabbed my crawler . But I was tangled on a rock , bvy the time I got it loss he spit the hook . But being on my toes I tossed my other stick grabbed my work rod & caught this . Andypost-3-1282943080.jpg

I really do think you would catch more fish if you did not lay down on the job. We have proof now.Nice fish, by the way. I hated just catching one or two fish. You make the same mess cleaning 10 as you do cleaning just a few. Catch and release is the best thing.

Thanks for the spin SJ . I too , Mr Del , do the catch & release . Thats why most of my fishing is fishing , not really keeping . I do keep the Wahoo , Yellowtail , ALWAYS keep the White Seabass , Halibut , Lobster, I do keep some Tuna and Striped Bass ( Its good ) . I let go the Trout , Carp , lake Bass , Catfish , etc go . But thats why I do not like going to Irvine lake as they DO NOT endorse catch & release . I got "spoken to " the last time there after I let a 2/3# German go after catching it . Hook was not swallowed , in the corner of the mouth . No exhausting fight . But maybe " farmed " fish can't take the being caught part too well & do poorly after release . Back in the " old days " I pissed off many a Captain as I caught many a Barracuda but unless they swallowed the hook , they went back . Andy