tonyd

Been thinking about a new bow

8 posts in this topic

Been thinking of a new compound bow, I would like to keep in under 300 bucks, which leads me into the used market. What would be your opinions on a good brand PSE, Mathews, ETC. Or maybe a cheaper but new Red Head Bass Pro type, I see them on sale for about the same price.TonyD

You won't get much for 300 bucks but there are deals out there. As said before, you really need to shoot a bunck of bows and see what feels best for you. A guy that likes to shoot Mathews may not like the feel of a Hoyt and they are both top notch bows. My first compound bow was a martin Panther and I payed under $300 for it, it shot good and I killed a few pigs and a goat with it but ended up trading up in a years time. Good luck, Ron

You get a lot of bang for the buck with the low end Bow Techs/Diamonds and they are excellent bows.

I just picked up a used Mathews Z7 with accessories for a good price but not as low as $300. Now is a good time to buy. Go with Mathews!

Wait for bow seasons to close and check out ebay. I've bought two bows on ebay and got great deals. Complete set ups for a half the price.

check ebay. if your patient you can pick up a decent bow.

I think the Red Head Kryptic is in that price range. I was told that they are made for Bass Pro Shop by Diamond, Which is basically a solocam Bowtech. When I was looking at a new bow I handled one and it felt like a decent bow. I know that about three were sold while I was making up my mind. In the end I went with the Bear but that was more because I was working a deal on some accessories if I bought the Bear.