HOG

17 MACH 2 ?

6 posts in this topic

Do any of you have experience with Eley Ammunition in 17 mach 2? accuracy?corrosion?It is the most available and cheapest.Other than it is made in England.Thanks for any input.

I've tried it in the past, wasn't the most accurate in my gun but I don't have any complaints with it. I never found it to be the cheapest but if it's cheap and it's accurate, go for it! :)

Do any of you have experience with Eley Ammunition in 17 mach 2? accuracy?corrosion?
I shot about 1000 rounds of it at ground squirrels this past season and the only thing I noticed unusual about it was the smell, which I came to enjoy after awhile. I found it very accurate in my Sako Quad. I would shoot 200-400 rounds a day without a cleaning and didn't notice any drop off in accuracy. The rifle didn't seem to be any dirtier than when shooting Hornady or CCI Ammo. I liked it so much I just bought 4000 rounds shipped to my door for $387 from SG Ammo in Oklahoma http://www.sgammo.com. Highly recommended, both the Eley and SG Ammo.Jim in Sacramento

Thanks jim. that's a good price. I'll be looking into it. I've only shot 300+ Of the Eleys. I like their accuracy. Haven't gotten used to their smell. I did a communication with Eley re corrosion. No response yet. do you have any corrosion concerns. Thanks,

Funny you mention the smell as a guy several seats down at the range caught a wiff of it and came by and chatted. He liked the smell as well, not me. I believe he said it was Vihtavuori powder that they use.

Thanks jim. that's a good price. I'll be looking into it. I've only shot 300+ Of the Eleys. I like their accuracy. Haven't gotten used to their smell. I did a communication with Eley re corrosion. No response yet. do you have any corrosion concerns. Thanks,
I'd be interested in hearing what Eley has to say. I personally don't have any concerns about corrosion but I clean my rifle thoroghly after each weekend shoot. I've already saved enough money to buy a repalcement barrel and still be ahead. I guess time will tell.Jim in Sacramento