ShooterJohn

Favorite ATV...

Favorite ATV Maker   72 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATV Manufacture do you like?

• Polaris
    • Honda
    • Yamaha
    • Kawasaki
    • Suzuki
    • Arctic Cat
    • Argo
    • Bombardier
    • FORD
    • CHEVY
    • DODGE
    • JEEP
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Nice bike sangerpb! I've always had sport quads. Use to race 4 strokes back in the day.

Nice bike sangerpb! I've always had sport quads. Use to race 4 strokes back in the day.
Thank you? How did you like racing? I think racing is awesome, except for the crashing part :smiley_kewlpics:

Use a 06 Polaris Sportsman all camo. But when the going gets really ruff I use the baby below. :signlol2iu: This is Suzuki but I dont think it qualifies as a atv. I love this baby because it has a heater in it and that comes in real handy on those cold Colorado mornings. Not as easy to hunt out of, but with the air lockers front and rear and the gear reduction it will go just about anywhere you have the gonads to take it.post-3-1264959910.jpg

...air lockers front and rear and the gear reduction...
:signlol2iu::1087::good: :good: :good: Gonna Detroit the rearend in my rig, then either ARB or E-locker the front as soon as I can get my hands on a Dana 60. Still on the fence as far as running double t-cases...

My son has several suzuki's.. I think he has 3 or 4 for parts, and 1 they have put together and running. He runs that thing all over this place.. He is 13 LOL.. We use Polaris and Fords for hunting... Heres the white ford that we used to have.. (Ford bought this one back) Anyhow we used to haul our quads like this.. in the trailer, underneath the quads, we hauled fuel and ice chests etc.. And the tent.. It is a big outfitters tent.. post-768-1179333368_thumb.jpgThen we got more toys....post-768-1179333450_thumb.jpgSo now we haul them in this.. post-768-1179333497_thumb.jpg And also on a JumpingJack tent trailer. So much for the days of grabbing a sack of taters, dozen eggs and your rifle and fishing pole.. Now its turned into having to have a rolling garage full of quads, and the kitchen sink too. Heck its all the comforts of home and then some LOL.. I will admit.. AS Ive gotten older doing the outfitter tent thing really is loosing its appeal..Where we used to stay in the tent and stay warm with a wood stove.. now I like my soft bed and flick the switch to turn the heater on LOL... Now we are using the outfitter tent as a grage for our quads LOL...

Rae remember the dog on the leash law they passed. I know it's stupid. My cousin's son is 13 too and my cousin got a citation for him riding an ATV while he wasn't watching him. He had to go to court and get the certificate. Here's the law:ATV Safety RequirementsAll-terrain vehicle (ATV) operators under 18 years of age must comply with the following California Vehicle Code requirements when operating an ATV on public lands. The Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division (OHMVRD) currently provides funding for ATV safety certificate training for those age 6 through 17. For more information and to sign up for training contact the ATV Safety Institute at (800-887-2887). CONDITIONS FOR OPERATING: MINORS No person under the age of 18 years shall operate an all-terrain vehicle on public lands of this state unless the person satisfies one of the following conditions: * ( a ) The person is taking a prescribed safety training course under the direct supervision of a certified all-terrain vehicle safety instructor. * ( b ) The person is under the direct supervision of an adult who has in their possession an appropriate safety certificate issued by this state, or issued under the authority of another state. * ( c ) The person has in possession an appropriate safety certificate issued by this state or issued under the authority of another state (CVC 38503). CONDITIONS FOR OPERATING: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTSNo person under 14 years of age shall operate an all-terrain vehicle on public lands of this state unless the person satisfies one of the conditions set forth in Section 38503 and, in addition, is accompanied by and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian or is accompanied by and under the direct supervision of an adult who is authorized by the parent or guardian (CVC 38504).38504.1. ( a ) Neither a parent or guardian of a child who is under 14 years of age, nor an adult who is authorized by the parent or guardian to supervise that child shall grant permission to, or knowingly allow, that child to operate an all-terrain vehicle in a manner that violates Section 38504.( b ) A person convicted of a violation of subdivision ( a ) is punishable as follows:(1) For a first conviction, the court shall either impose a fine of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) or order the person to take or retake and complete an all-terrain vehicle safety training course pursuant to Section 38501. If ordered to take or retake and complete the safety training course, the person shall provide the court a copy of the all-terrain vehicles safety certificate issued as a result of that completion.(2) For a second conviction, a fine of not less than one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) nor more than two hundred fifty dollars ($250).(3) For a third or any subsequent conviction, a fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500).SEC. 2. Section 38504.2 is added to the Vehicle Code, to read: 38504.2. If a person under 14 years of age was not properly supervised or accompanied in accordance with Section 38504, and the parent or guardian of that child or the adult who was authorized by the parent or guardian to supervise or accompany that child is in violation of Section 38504.1, upon a conviction pursuant to Section 38504, the court may order that child to attend and complete the all-terrain vehicle safety training course accompanied by the person who violated Section 38504.1. If so ordered, the child under 14 years of age shall provide the court a copy of the all-terrain vehicles safety certificate issued as a result of that completion.

Well I guess Ill have to check and see if he has anything.. I dont think he does but who knows.. I know they were talking about taking him down to some beach or some place to do a run so he could earn a 100.00 taking some test.. Not sure if they did that or not...... Heck hes been riding quads since he was big enough to straddle the seat LOL He owns several quads, one of which is his latest pride and Joy..its the OutLaw 500. plus he also has the 330 and the 500.. Though he is constantly trying to talk me out of my 700 LOL... His outlaw is a SWEET littel race bike.. It screams.. Scares the heck out of me sometimes watching him ride it. Weve never been questioned in all the years weve been riding. We were told last year that we couldnt ride on the dirt roads down in Bear River which you need to get on the dirt road to reach the other part because they have closed down so many trails up there...... Never once asked for any certificate though..... Ill check into ... Since he weighs all of 100 lbs Im sure someone will give us dog poop some day.. Kid can ride better than most people but you watch someone will give him dog poop over his age/size... The neighbors about had a cow when they figured out it my son running the tractors around here and he drives my truck too.. Its not like hes some city kid never been near a bike before.. Ill call that number and find out more info after I ask hubby if son has it or not...

I was shocked when my cousin told me they had to go to court over the ticket. But it's like watercraft they're the same way here in California. My father in law bought a few for the grandkids to ride and then found out they weren't old enough to ride alone. It's just not as fun to be a kid anymore. :signlol2iu:

Oh lovely, we bought the kids jet skis last summer... And of course they are the older stand up typoe so not like my butt is gonna be riding with them....

What's your favorite ATV and what do you like about it?
Kymco MXU 500. :pirashoot: I liked the price compared to anything similar. $5,995.post-516-1201355755_thumb.jpgWoodog

would have to say the suzuki king quad. All around performance great. Have drowned my bike plus rolled it a couple of times very durable

You should add RED WING to the list for those of us who can only afford our feet.

My favorite ATV has a heater for cold mornings and quickly gets to those out-of-the-way spots that're so remote the yotes haven't heard gunshots before.post-1417-1206855417.jpgAt Blue Wing dry lake east of Pyramid Lake, NV.My other ATV is a Honda Rubicon.bumper