BC9696

It Ain't Black but I like it

33 posts in this topic

"It ain't black but I like it!" That's what she said!!!! :):):rofl2::good::) Please forgive me :smiley-outta-here:Kidding aside, that is one sweet rifle Bruce!! Good Luck!!

DO you have it at home yet?
No...2 weeks yet. Rifle is en route from TX to my FFL. Same for the LCR .38 I picked up. Should have both by Friday the 13th.

...along with a Ruger .38 LCP. That's what my wife believes! :carnage: It's not because of the money either...but I have purchased so many hunting items and guns and ammo that the whole AR thing would not sit well. She already thinks I'm ready to join a militia. LOL A little subterfuge regarding the origins of the new acquisitions turned out to be a good thing...now she's totally stoked for me! It could not have worked out better!!! :signs1242cn:For those who are wondering, I received a voice mail message from a buddy (that the wife told me about) claiming I had won an NRA raffle from back in January. For you young newlyweds...always have your own little "slush fund" cuz you never know when the rifle, fishing reel, etc that you absolutely must have is gonna present itself. And remember, it is easier to ask to forgiveness than beg for permission but if you win a raffle you don't have to do either!

Yep...as required.Want a short, 3lb trigger. Anybody know of a good 2 stage trigger that'll work on an AR? I love my Savage Accutriggers and want to upgrade. Want a short, 3lb trigger. Or is a Timney a better choice? Opinions?

Nice rifle, and it sounds like you got a good deal.I just finished my 308AR and it weighs 12.5 w/10rnd mag,scope,bipod, and the heavier UBR stock from magpul. I went with a Geissele SSA trigger it's very nice, has a total pull weight of about 4.5lb. 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. They're normally $170 but I found them for $153 here- Palmetto State Armory You have to add them to your cart to see that price.I also wanted the option of a single point sling, but I knew that a two point would be nice on this heavy bastard. Check out TacStrap.com They have a nice wide sling that works like the Magpul sling, it can be single or two point. I've found the 2" wide strap really helps spread the weight over my shoulder. I had the magpul strap and it creates pressure points even with my lightweight AR15, so I knew it wouldn't work for the big brother.Good luck setting your rifle up, I've had fun building mine and right now it is just about where I want it.--Robert