BC9696

It Ain't Black but I like it

33 posts in this topic

Finally pulled the trigger and bought this R25. A sweet deal for $1750. I think. The optics included are an Eotech 552XR.308 (ballistic drop) and a LaRue 'Po Boy' magnifier pivot mount with 2.5x magnifier. The rifle includes the factory 5 round magazine and Remington hard case. Now I am ready for Texas style pig hunts. Gotta find some 10rd mags, a good sling then off to the range to see what it likes to eat.post-3-1280161558.jpgpost-3-1280161563.jpgpost-3-1280161567.jpg

LOL. Bruce you will get one. Its just a matter of time. You have the equipment and your burning off the rubber on your shoes. Keep at it.

That's very nice I like the camo . :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow::) Does that come with a bb?I never seen a set up like that with the magnifier in front.

Good luck with the new boomer Bruce. It sure looks sweet.

Ill let you use this hat for now intell you get one post-189-1280194855.jpg:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow::) Just kidding it will happen your day is coming.. And thats a nice rifle you got there...

Ill let you use this hat for now intell you get one post-189-1280194855.jpg:):) Just kidding it will happen your day is coming.. And thats a nice rifle you got there...
:) ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!Barrel is free-floated button-rifled 0.680" Muzzle OD ChroMoly with recessed hunting crown and fluted for rapid barrel cooling.

post-3360-1280202622.gif

Just out of curiosity, how much does that thing weigh? My cousin just picked up a DPMS in .308 that must've been made out of lead. Great rifle and caliber, but I think DPMS stand for Definitely Pretty Much Stationary! Ugh!

Just out of curiosity, how much does that thing weigh?
Remington is a little vague on the weight. I don't think they want to scare people so they list it as.
Average Weight 8 3/4 lbs
I guess they don't all weigh the same. :signgreatreport3kg:

Thanks SJ. Hope their tolerances are more consistent than their weight. Last month was the first time I have actually ever held or fired an AR style rifle. My cousin's was the DPMS .308, and my uncle's was his duty rifle S&W .223 with Eotech sights. WHAT A DIFFERNCE IN WEIGHT. That's why I was curious about Bruce's Remmy. I don't think I could hunt with a rifle that weighs more than my ancient 1100 Remington Shotgun. However, while not a huge AR fan, I must admit they do shoulder quite nice and the line of sight is exactly where you want it! Very natural target acquisition I must say. Goog luck with your Remmy Bruce, hope it shoots well for ya.

Wasn't an AR fan ever. Finally got one as rent payment from housemate down on luck. You know it really is a nice rifle. Shoulders great, fits almost perfectly. Lot of good to say about it. Still not my fave, I like my M1A better, but that might just be a penis size issue... <sigh>Still I think I live in the land of the converted.

Here's what I dug up on that:The R-25, designed with the hunter in mind, is reduced in weight in part by using a relatively light barrel with a .680-inch diameter at the muzzle. This 20-inch barrel is fluted to further cut weight. Combined with the use of aluminum in the receivers and nylon in the stock, the R-25 weighs 8.75 pounds-still not a lightweight by hunting rifle standards, but considerably lighter than many other LR308- or AR-10-style rifles.Weight is neither a plus or minus...seems about average for me. The M1A I shot was like 16lbs.

Weight is neither a plus or minus...seems about average for me. The M1A I shot was like 16lbs.
One of your buddies must have put lead in your gun. They're heavy no doubt but range between 9.2 - 11.2 pounds (Empty magazine).

I have an M1A and it is like 9 1/2 with a 10 round mag. (no scope)

I have an M1A and it is like 9 1/2 with a 10 round mag. (no scope)
Add a scope, Harris bipod and loaded 10rd mag and watch it grow heavy. Looking for a nice wide sling for this. Thinking one point.

very nice! i had a choice between an M1A and the AR-10 plarformas far as spending. i bought my M1A (11 years ago). heavy it is. i've never hit anything with itwithout a bipod. that's one nice shooter you've got there! one more for my wishlist. :good: