Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yodel Dog

The Other Dark Meat

12 posts in this topic

He rolls into the parking lot of Leon's Thriftway in an old, maroon Impala with a trunk full of frozen meat. Raccoon — the other dark meat.In five minutes, Montrose, Mo., trapper Larry Brownsberger is sold out in the lot at 39th Street and Kensington Avenue. Word has gotten around about how clean his frozen raccoon carcasses are. How nicely they’re tucked up in their brown butcher paper. How they almost look like a trussed turkey … or something...Raccoon

That guy is a regular entrepreneur. Or is that a en-trap-preneur? :drinks: Either way it sounds good. It beats wasting them. I used to eat muskrat when I trapped them when younger. They at one time were served in restaurants and called marsh hare. You can still find many recipes for them even now.muskratJohn1.jpg

That guy is a regular entrepreneur. Or is that a en-trap-preneur? :roflmao3[1]: Either way it sounds good. It beats wasting them. I used to eat muskrat when I trapped them when younger. They at one time were served in restaurants and called marsh hare. You can still find many recipes for them even now.muskratJohn1.jpg
OMG John............... is this you in years past? What year was this?

I ate Muskrat while on a long backpacking trip in Washington years ago. To tell the truth, I thought it was pretty good at the time.

Good article...Thanks!...Good Country Cookin' :roflmao3[1]: Can of creamed possum "Borrowed" from a Shooter John's post :pot:PossumGravy.jpg006-3.jpg

I ate Muskrat while on a long backpacking trip in Washington years ago. To tell the truth, I thought it was pretty good at the time.
Reminds me of prom night.

I just threw-up in my mouth :signbs1zn: , and I'm guessing that's what muskrat tastes like... :lol:

Man, I will eat just about anything if it slows down long enough BUT that possum looks gray! :yikes[1]:signbs1zn: