Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baxter

My Mom is looking for a shot-gun.

11 posts in this topic

She has an ar and damn she is Annie Oakley, she smokes clays and tannerite at 100-150 yards with open sights all day. She also is a ccwer, with a 40,38spl, or here lcp. She isn't really a fan of felt recoil or the 12 gauge. The gun will be used for targets, birds, and dogs. She also has very expensive taste and fell in love with a pricey benelli semi-auto 20 gauge. The salesman told her all about the recoil reducing gas system. Does anyone know of a less expensive semi in 20 gauge with a recoil reducer? Only reason I want her to get a cheaper one is that I really don't think she will use the shotgun too much. Please don't say the 410 upper for her ar. She shot my 450 bushmaster and it wasn't too bad. I am looking for ideas and thanks in advance.

Look at a Browning 2-shot Twelvette! I'll bet she'd like it and the price should be around $300. if you can find one.

I'd look at the Beretta 391 too. I think it kicks less than the Benelli. The Franchi is also a less expensive gun. They are all part of the same company Beretta owns them all.

I have a 12 ga Franchi semi auto that's light to carry and a real pleasure to shoot. You can probably pick it up new for $600, less used.

A Tristar Viper might be a perfect fit...nice and light, purdy and w/ options. http://www.tristarsportingarms.com/product_viper.html
Stay away from those Turkish POS's unless you don't care about resale or functioning or fit. They do have a 5 yr. warranty if they are around that long.

I have a .28 ga Franchi that I'm sure would be perfect for her. Something in like-new condition, semi-auto would be perfect! The price would also be right.

Love the 28 ga. I've shot the little Franchi 28 auto and it's sweet. I've got an O/U Beretta 28 that's sweet too. The trouble with the 28 ga. is ammo availability and shot size selection. I think you would be undergunned for Coyote. The 20 ga. with a 3" chamber would do what you need.