Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin

7lbs Catfish from last night.

17 posts in this topic

I caught it on chicken liver. I think he measured 24 inches long and weighed 7 pounds. I fished some canals with my buddy Sauce just outside of Los Banos.post-3-1293947834.jpg

That will fry up nicely. That's a good looking cat.

Nice fish.That looks like the mendota bank.That canal runs all along the valley and you can drive on it to.

Yes Sir, Shoot-it...Not sure of the exact name of the canal....and because I do not own the entire State, I will let you guys in on my honey hole. Just south of 152 on Volta Road. Volta Road is just west of Los Banos and just east of I-5. The Delta-Mendota Canal is only a few hundred yards south of this canal. I landed a 6+- pound one a couple of weeks ago and pulled a 10+- pound one up onto the bank to have it spit the hook and roll back into the water right as I was reaching for it.

Great fish enjoy

Very nice...Calling the kitties at night with a nice bonfire cranking and a cooler with some beer (Full to the Brim) and a couple buddies to lie about past fish caught :signgreatreport3kg: ...my favorite kind of fishin' Nice cat there!

Nice fish. Give duck guts a try for bait some time. That is one of my favorite baits for catfish in canal's.

Duck guts are something I don't eat so I wouldn't know if the catfish tasted like them or not. :two-cents:

:two-cents: Whew! That's a delicacy I have managed to avoid myself. Properly cleaned and skinned I've never had a catfish I didn't like. :pot: