clampdaddy

Need e caller opinions

37 posts in this topic

This is the tool I use to rip my CD's to MP3's. Works pretty good and fast. I think it defaults to putting your files into your my music folder in a folder called mp3. Once the app is running you just hit F9 I believe to rip the sounds to mp3.http://download.cnet.com/CDex/3000-2140_4-....html?tag=mncolHow much was the firestorm??

How much was the firestorm??
The unit plus rechargeable batteries, charging cord, and shipping came out to just under $465. I had my friend put my old sounds on it and I made an external battery pack out of two six volt batteries hooked up in line with a 4 amp fuse. It works great. I couldn't take a gun with me but I ran it out at a buddys place just to test it and it brought the crows in no time. :smiley_green_with_envy:100_0579.jpg Here's a pic of the crow hunting set up. For predator hunting I'll just use the unit by itself without the extra speaker and battery pack.

I called FoxPro today with some questions as I found a distributor with a good price. The Firestorm is basically the next gen FX3 and the GX7 is the next FX5. If you buy through a distributor you can't pick your sounds but it comes with a pretty good selection of 50 of their choice. See attached PDF. Additional sounds are bundled in 4, 8, 16 packs for $8, $15, $25 respectively. I forgot to ask but I assume they are their proprietary format. He did say that battery life and sound quality are pretty much the same exc. for the Fury can play 24-bit sounds whereas the Firestorm are 16. I doubt I could tell the difference or the critters.soundlist.pdf

Allpredatorcalls.com sells them and they'll load the 50 sounds you want onto the unit.

Allpredatorcalls.com sells them and they'll load the 50 sounds you want onto the unit.
Sorry, I should have clarified my statement "...If you buy through a standard level distributor you can't pick your sounds..." They allow their platinum level distrib's to customize the calls before they go out.What sounds did you change from the base 50?

Actually I don't even know what came on the standard 50 call list. I went on foxpros website and started listening to all of the calls and picking the ones that suited my needs best. I got all but one or two of the crow sounds, some of the various barn yard animals in distress calls, a few different coyote sounds, a few grey fox, cottontail, and jack rabbit sounds.

If you look at the PDF file I posted previously the standard included sounds are highlighted. I think there is at most 8 more sounds I want, some barn animals, mixed coyote and rabbit and a couple miscellaneous. I think the std list is pretty good for the most part.

There are only a handfull of those 50 calls that I had put on my machine. There are alot there like the turkey, snow goose, elk, and mountain lion calls that we cant use in Ca. anyway. I did get a couple hog sounds but I got them just in case I ever got to hunt coyotes close to a hog ranch. One sound I think is pretty neat is the magpies and rabbit. It sounds really good and I'm sure coyotes probably know that magpies always find easy meals.

Here's my sound list in the order I had them put on. 207, C25, C31, 210, C15, 183, C22, C27, 214, L00, L01, L02, L07, L50, L51, L55, R10 290, 291, 520, 295, 243, 521, 258, M03, M03, M05, M06, M07, 244, 341, H20, 224, 225, 226, 222, 380, 013, 270, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 279, 280, Z08,

You just lucked out. I received this today from FoxPro. My caller is delayed until 9/3 :harhar1[1]:The Firestorm’s are on a slight delay right now. We are missing some crucial components for the remote and they’re scheduled to be in either late August or early September. As soon as they come in, we will resume shipping as normal. So they are being honest with you. This is going to pertain to wherever you go, even through us, unless you’d happen to find a dealer who has some in stock. So the timeframe they gave you should be pretty accurate.

Yeah, when I ordered mine it got put off for a week because they were waiting for a shipment of LCD screens for the remotes. They must not have got a full shipment.