Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyhorse

Back whacking squirrels again..

7 posts in this topic

Just some juveniles,but had to take some long shots to get the little buggers...Discovery .22 cal...JSB 14.3 GR...Barska Varmit 6-24x42 AO Mil DOT...all shoulder shots...62 yards..009.jpg40 yards..004.jpg65 yards..002.jpgBeen traveling a bit...son and I went to Augusta,Geogia for the Masters...we drove...that was a hoot...This friday off to Ashland,Ore for an air rifle match...FT,HFT,PFT and 50 yard benchrest...then June 13 off to Pebble Beach with son again for the U.S. Open...

Sounds like you've been having fun.Do they let you shoot squirrels on those golf courses??? :good:

Sounds like you've been having fun.Do they let you shoot squirrels on those golf courses??? :good:
Funny you mention that. A guy told me he has a "gig' shooting squirrels on a local golf course..(.he lives adjacent to the golf course).But,he says it's a pain as he can only shoot on slow days...which are few and far between...lol...At Augusta,turtles crawled out of a pond (No.16) and were sunning themselves next to the green...everyday...lol..

nice shooting and pic's crazy looks like your having fun again the disco can really reach out there .
The Disco is quite a rifle for the price. I plan on getting out soon with my Dominator .22 (HPA). Been using it in 50 yard benchrest,but have only hunted squirrels with it once...it really packs a punch and accurate...going to Cleveland Nat'l Forrest nearby and see if I can nail some squirrels out beyond 70 yards...got to catch right conditions (calm,light breezes).It shoots 938 FPS/30 FPE using JSB 15.3 GR...ES = 3.4 and SD = 1.7.....but it is regulated unlike the Disco..Ranchsquirrels141.jpg

good shootin! I love my disco.