Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOG

scope ? for a .22

2 posts in this topic

Took out mu Nylon 66 today. It has the original Weaver V22 3x6x I'm guessing 20mm. I should have cleaned it prior to shooting. Had a hard time getting any kind of group at 25 yds. Came home and ran a dozen or so patches through it. Not really dirty. the barrel shines. I really don't want to change the scope but want to shoot the gun. I fired a gillion rounds through it in the late 60's and early 70"s. In your opinion is it the scope or the gun? Do you have any experience with Cabella's caliber-specific scopes?

Took out mu Nylon 66 today. It has the original Weaver V22 3x6x I'm guessing 20mm. I should have cleaned it prior to shooting. Had a hard time getting any kind of group at 25 yds. Came home and ran a dozen or so patches through it. Not really dirty. the barrel shines. I really don't want to change the scope but want to shoot the gun. I fired a gillion rounds through it in the late 60's and early 70"s. In your opinion is it the scope or the gun? Do you have any experience with Cabella's caliber-specific scopes?
How funny to read this...I was out shooting my 66 last week and found to scope to be out of wack, otherwise it is a tack driver at 50 yrd and hold a pretty tight group out to 100.I am too looking into the Cabela's scope, have the tacticle (Cabelas) on my 17HMR, and very pleased with it.I think Cabelas has a sale of cartridge specific scope now.