Rimrock

A silk purse

10 posts in this topic

I started out with a old-maid ugly Savage 93R17GV. First I shimmed the trigger, then figured it was dangerous, so I installed a RifleBasix. Then BuzzrdFeedr pointed me toward the Boyd Tuumbhole stock. This is before and after. It may not improve the accuracy but it looks better. I have about as much invested in this as a new 93R17BV costs but that's OK. This one is a shooter.post-3-1321044760.jpg post-3-1321044767.jpg

I have the same 17 HMR with the Rifle Basix trigger ,What a difference , the Rifle Basix trigger brakes at 23 oz,and the rifle shoots consistent 3/8 " groups at 100 yds with CCI hollow points.It has become one of my favorite small game guns. :rolleyes:

What a difference a stock makes! :lol: You wouldn't recognize the gun from the two pictures. I sure like my RifleBasix trigger in mine. I like that stock, Rod. :lol:

Indeed, a nice stock! I like it alot. Im still waiting to pick up my savage, it's in black synthetic. But, i'll probably upgrade it to something more exotic sometime down the road.

Hey Rod long time no hear from. I see you jumped on that special deal. You got to watch out for me I can help you spend $ in lots of different ways. Looks great, how do you like the feel of the thumbhole?

Hey Rod long time no hear from. I see you jumped on that special deal. You got to watch out for me I can help you spend $ in lots of different ways. Looks great, how do you like the feel of the thumbhole?
Dale, I like the feel of the thumbhole. I haven't shot it yet but I am going to the mountains for a couple of days and may get to do some shooting.Yeah, my wife has told me that I can't afford to see you too often. :lol: