acousticmood

Just bought a new toy for plinking!

14 posts in this topic

It comes for plates suitable for up to mangum pistols and I ordered a seperate set of plates for .22 rimfire and .17hmr. My buddy who bought a Henry and a SD in 9mm at the same time I bought my henry thinks he can kick my @ss. I say .... Bring it Scooter!post-1232-1273956596.gif

That looks like fun to shoot at. Each person gets a side.
Its called a dueling tree. Each hit sends the plate around to the other side so the goal is to get all the plates on your opponents side.I shopped around for a while before settling on this one - it was more than the "do-all" brand but the least expensive of the hand made lot.I like the fact that I can change plates for different caliber. They even have options for High Velocity rounds.

Its called a dueling tree.
Friend of mine has one that he shared with me a few months ago. Since I out dueled him he hasn't invited me to use it again, but it sure was fun to play with.

Can you send me some info on this and any of the others you passed on? My friends and I could definitely be in the market for something like this.

Sure.I got mine from metaltarget.com; other places I looked were: actiontarget.commgmtargets.comsaluteproducts.comGood luck!

I love metal targets. Something about the sound of hitting one just makes plinking even more fun.I always wanted to set up my own cowboy action pistol set up like you see them have at the competitions. The steel is so darned expensive though but with a 22LR set up you could do it with a single six or something for less money.

I agree. I'm thinking of getting a couple of poppers so that you have to shoot them first before you can even get to the tree, but they are not cheap.

I shot it yesterday - what a great time. I shot 9m and 40 at one set of paddles and changed them out very easily for the rim fire paddles and shot 22lr and .17hmr. Alot of splats but no real damage. This looks like it's going to last quite a while. Only complaint was that one group of paddles for the rim fire were painted white and were a little tough to see. But I can fix that with a can of spray paint so no big deal.Good value for the price - not as good as Shoot-its home made swing. Shooting at tires would make me a bit nervous about bounce back. I guess that's not a problem though?