Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LIK2HNT

Turkey ???

3 posts in this topic

For the 2010 turkey season I switched from archery to my new air rifle, a .25 cal Air Force Condor. I am shooting 30.7 gr Beeman Kodiak Match Extra Heavy pellets at about 980 fps. This season I did only head shots 71yds, 75yds, and 26yds. This set up worked great for head shots, but I was wondering if others are body shooting turkeys at 40 to 50 yards? With archery tackle the shot had to be very accurate because of the small kill zone, but I do not know if the pellet will penetrate and kill quickly with a body shot. The main reason for this question is that I had my daughter try two different head shoots at turkeys and she missed. A body shot would be easier for her next year. So if anyone is body shooting turkeys I would like to hear your set up, at what range, and placement of shot. Thanks in advance for any information.Bill

IMHO I would say probably not. Although it might work sometimes I dont think that it would be fair to the animal or your little girl to shoot one in the body and have it run away possibly to die later. I would say stick to head shots. Just my :two-cents:By the way I commend you sir for taking your little girl hunting