Bozsik

Ranger vs Rhino

73 posts in this topic

N/M i had a big long thing typed out but i dont wanna give everything away to everyone...woods are full enough as it is...PM SENT TO U WANNAKILLACOYOTE...

Just get a Unimog and forget about anything else! :signs1242cn:
I own a cj5 and a 6x6 ranger the jeep will go a lot more places than my 4x4 chevy pickup and is fun to drive but the ranger 6x6 is amazing we take the truck to a good base camp pack up the polaris and do short over nite trips, i take it were i would never take my jeep , we have even winched i up a cliff and continued on , i do also use it for fence work ect. but if i was to only be able to have 1 hunting vech. the ranger is a gas and very good on gas.. dvae

I for sure see a Rhino in my very near future. Will be using it for hunting, dunning, trail rideing etc. I also have a jeep, but if I load it in my toy hauler it puts me over my weight limit. Of course it will be camo, have gun racks, a winch and other acessories that would be useful. Oh, one other thing, they sure are fun to drive. :signgreatreport3kg:

Picked up the new Rhino about three weeks ago. Been out playing with it for about two weeks. This thing will go places my jeep wont go. Gun racks and winch to come soon. Pix is just after I picked it up.052308_19171.jpg

Thanks Fiveflat, nope no long travel completley stock except for wheels and tires.

That ride is a thing of beauty. You should be good to go about anywhere. Congrats on the fine ride.

Very nice, Dago.
Thanks, Im really having a blast with it. Can't wait to take it out hunting.Thanks for you compliment also John.

Nice Rhino Dago! How much?

Nice Rhino Dago! How much?
Thanks, 13,100 otd. With larger rims and tires, wheel spacers front and rear, OMF rock guards up front and a camo canvass top. Bought it from Royer Cycle and Marine in Bakersfield.

We just came back from Niland CA for the dove opener. One friend had a Ranger. Another had a Rhino. We did alot of 4x4 and just off road driving. I noticed the Ranger was alot smoother. The Rhino tended to get "squirly" alot in the back wheeles.Long story short, my friend flipped his Rhino at 50 mph. We rolled 2.5 times and ended up upside down. I was the passenger and the seat broke completely out of the vehicle. Poorly made seat construction. My friend had just installed shoulder harnesses ( which saved my life I'm sure). I recommend installing them as well as the doors you can install on the Rhino if you get one. I would suggest the Ranger. It was alot more stable and smooth.post-3-1275842301.jpg

I'm in the same boat as far as trying to decide which to buy. The information you have all provided helps me out as well. :roflmao3[1]:

I would suggest the Ranger. It was alot more stable and smooth.
But, how comfortable is it when it's flipping??? :signs1180lq: Seriously, glad that you're OK. Your friend should think about driving slower with that suicide-mobile.

ROFLMAO Should be asking how easy is it to hose out the seats after flipping LOL.. Seriously though, The ranger is real comfy but sorry I aint rolling it to find out how comfy it is upside down and sideways LOL

Did you see how the Rhino is being looked at for the safety issues when rolling? Might be something to check into..Heck dang near every night I see this commercial about Rhhino roll over accidents and death please call this number etc... Also if you request doors they supposedly are for free... Due to the serious injuries people have because nothing holds them in the cab and when it rolls you tend to squish body parts ...I can see where that would hurt a bit..

The doors definitly kept my legs attached to my body. The "oh-sh*t-bars" worked great too. Tore ligaments in my left wrist holding on during the rolls but thats better than asking " dude, where's my ARM"

Picked up the new Rhino about three weeks ago. Been out playing with it for about two weeks. This thing will go places my jeep wont go. Gun racks and winch to come soon. Pix is just after I picked it up.052308_19171.jpg
Bumping this back up. I really like the looks of that Rhino!!Must be this time of year, cause I am back to wanting one really bad. lolIf I get one, I have settled on an New 08 700 efi. Still trying to work on permission from the boss. ;)

Hey, that picture looks familiar!! :653: