raedr01

Ruger Super Redhawk Holster?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been sorta looking for a few years for a quality chest holster for my Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9 1/2 inch barrel. Any help on a good one would be appreciated, thanks gents!post-3-1272814863.jpg

Raedr01,I have a Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag 7 1/2. I didnt like any of the holsters that I was finding online/stores/etc. A buddy of mine suggested that I have one custom made by a local leather maker in Orange County. He sent me over to "Hobby City" in Stanton, CA. I can't remember the name of the shop (only a few retailers in the plaza) but they sold antique weapons, leather goods, civil war items. In the shop they had a leather maker and he did all custom work. I brought in my gun, he took a few measurements, asked me what I wanted and gave me a quote. I ended up going with a thigh rig for pig hunting and extra loops for additional ammo. Within a few weeks, I had a very nice holster and it was VERY quality workmanship. When it was all said and done, I think I pad around $200 for the holster. Seems kinda pricey, but I will have that holster for as long as I own the gun. Hobby City 1238 Beach BlvdAnaheim, CA 92804(714) 236-9300

I've had the same issue with not liking any of the few holsters i've found. Thanks for the info, when I get home I'll definitely check up on this place! Thanks man!!!