Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yodel Dog

Calif.'s costly trout recovery effort criticized

3 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone has ever stopped and asked the question, Is it worth spending millions and millions of dollars to save a run of steelhead in SoCal? I mean really, if they all go away... well... such is life. As if you can plop 25 million people down in a fragile desert environment and not expect there to be some consequences. Spending a bunch of taxpayer dollars will not turn Southern California into a pristine wilderness.It is no wonder people are getting sick of one overpriced boondoggle after another. Caltrans spent 3 million (and two years) here on a bridge, over an irrigation drainage. The bridge replaced a 5' diameter culvert that was rusted out, albeit it had been adequate since 1929 when that road was built. Seems to me a new culvert would have served us well for the $$$...

I wonder if anyone has ever stopped and asked the question, Is it worth spending millions and millions of dollars to save a run of steelhead in SoCal? I mean really, if they all go away... well... such is life.
People said the same thing about the California Condor but look where that got us. :two-cents: