Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntking

BLM HOGS

13 posts in this topic

1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpgHopefully these posted. This is my first post on the site and did my best to shrink them down. Too many pics to post, but here are a few pigs on some BLM off of I-5 north of Sacramento.

Yep, the pictures posted just fine. Nice pigs. And welcome to the forum. Nice first post!

I wish one had my name on it. Still trying to figure out how to hunt the place. I did once, but it is brushy thick in most ares with a few areas of oak. Considering there is no pressure (that I know of) I dont necessarily know why they are 100 percent nocturnal. I know pigs are nocturnal, but I have hunted ranches and seen pigs feeding at 2pm. I am hoping it was because when these photo's were taken there was a lot of food out and the days were short. We'll see if I can get a tag around one and officially get my name on it.

Welcome to the site! Nice pics of Nancy, Barbara and Diane. A real porkbarrel grouping if I ever saw one. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

I wish one had my name on it. Still trying to figure out how to hunt the place. I did once, but it is brushy thick in most ares with a few areas of oak. Considering there is no pressure (that I know of) I dont necessarily know why they are 100 percent nocturnal. I know pigs are nocturnal, but I have hunted ranches and seen pigs feeding at 2pm. I am hoping it was because when these photo's were taken there was a lot of food out and the days were short. We'll see if I can get a tag around one and officially get my name on it.
You can always get pigs out of the brush. good to have a few guys working the "hot" sign and push the pigs around. My buddy has been hunting hogs for 30+yrs and he's really good at driving them through/out of the brush.

Welcome to the forums. I would keep those lips tight on where you see those little piggies. You have probably said enough already. There are wolfs all over here waiting to jump on some public pork. Seems like you have half the hard work done. You have a location to hunt, now just time for the leg work and learning curve. Congrats on your find. I hope you tag one. Id keep this little spot secret. Its not worth blowing your spot to get someone to come out and show you the ropes. You can learn from anywhere, but theres limited places to hunt.

Quote:"Welcome to the site! Nice pics of Nancy, Barbara and Diane. A real porkbarrel grouping if I ever saw one. "Way too funny!!!!

Welcome... Those are some great porkers... go get them and be sure to post you hunt & kill photos.. BLM land you want to keep it hush hush or ypu'll have a 100 hunters in there.. You using bow or gun ????