Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Locnload

Ruger .45?

8 posts in this topic

I see Turner's is selling the Ruger P345 .45 ACP and was wondering what the thoughts are on Ruger semi-autos. I want a .45, but don't know that much about pistols. Thanks.

I have no experience with Ruger handguns, but...gasp...I avoid the .45 ACP as a caliber b/c I think it falls into the over-rated category and its ammo is over priced. SnS

I think they are OK guns, although I have heard they are not that accurate.My buddy just got a Rock Island Armory .45 for $525 out the door and I was surprised at how sweet it seems.

Go with a Glock 21. Reliable, and many accessories that you can add on to it.

I have a Ruger semi-auto in 45ASP and another in 9mm for my daughter. Both have given me(and her) zero problems. I guess accuracy depends on the shooter. Mine can be accurate or not. It all seems to depend on who is shooting them. :o I like the way they fit and shoot. I also like the price. I also have other semi-auto pistols including a Colt 1911 and a number of mil surplus ones. I do not think you will be unhappy with a Ruger.If anything is over-rated it would have to be the 9mm to me.

No round is over-rated. Every person has its own designated round. .45acp vs. 9mm, .40cal, is a long lasting debate that I believe will never end until the .46acp is invented.

I think they are OK guns, although I have heard they are not that accurate.My buddy just got a Rock Island Armory .45 for $525 out the door and I was surprised at how sweet it seems.
RIA makes a great gun.