Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VarmintAir

Airgun hunting video on my blog

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I finally have a means to embed videos in my blog stories, and I would like to ask a favor. This is my first attempt at embedding a video, and there were some technical issues that I think I have resolved, but I would appreciate it if you would go to the blog and take a look at the story about the FX 2000 taking California Ground Squirrels, and let me know if the video runs okay for you. It's the first story at the top of the column on the left side of the page. Thanks. :) Here's the link: http://varmintair.typepad.com/

Thanks folks, I figure there are a variety of different computers being used by folks and if no one is having any problems, then I think I'm good to go. FINALLY. :doh[1]:

Cliff, I tried it on both my Mac and PC and it worked flawlessly. Good job and you have a great blog. :doh[1]:

Cliff, I tried it on both my Mac and PC and it worked flawlessly. Good job and you have a great blog. :signgreatreport3kg:
Thanks John, good to hear. I've been wrestling with trying to post videos in the blog for awhile now, but kept running into one technical issue after another. I'm using Screencast now, and that, in conjunction with the "Expert settings" function on the Mac, that allow me to fully customize my file size and compression rate, I can now create Quicktime Movies that have decent resolution, yet the file size isn't ridiculous. One of the other issues I was running into was related to aspect ratio. What my camera produced, and what my blog software wanted to see, were two different things. The "Expert Settings" function on the Mac lets me customize that setting as well. Screencast hosts the videos, and generates the HTML code that I can cut and paste into my blog stories. Doing that, allows me to embed the videos in the stories without having to just post a link to YouTube and their crappy resolution. I think, being able to do this will add a nice touch to some of my hunting stories. Thanks for the feedback. :signs1180lq:

What is wrong with my computer? I just see empty white squares.

What is wrong with my computer? I just see empty white squares.
No idea. Things are working normal on my computer. Do you have Quicktime Player installed?

Its working well for me! Almost as clear as your dvd. Resolution is so much better than youtube, nicely done.Have you explored youtube's hi-res adjustable stuff at all? Just curious.Jerry

Its working well for me! Almost as clear as your dvd. Resolution is so much better than youtube, nicely done.Have you explored youtube's hi-res adjustable stuff at all? Just curious.Jerry
Thanks for the feedback. I'm really happy with the video resolution. I wanted to go with a system that I have control over, including my content. YouTube took down several of my prairie dog hunting videos, claiming that they had received too many complaints. (from tree huggers, and prairie fairies I'm sure) After that, I took them all down, and will repost them on my blog, in much higher resolution. With the system that I'm using now, I have total control of my content, and the resolution is a hundred times better than what I had with YouTube. I'm really looking forward to finally being able to embed good resolution video clips into my blog stories. The tree huggers can go pound sand. :signs653wf:

"...go pound sand..." YES!!! :signs653wf:

I reloaded Adobe Flash Player and I can now see the first square and play the video. The second square is still blank. Nice shooting. I can't believe You Tube cared, they have a lot hunting stuff on there. Anyway, nice video.

YouTube took down several of my prairie dog hunting videos, claiming that they had received too many complaints. (from tree huggers, and prairie fairies I'm sure) Now I understand why they're not more on it...I've watched 'em several times ,,,, even with my daughterThanks Cliffbye Francesco