Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunting guy

Vortex Scopes?

10 posts in this topic

After debating for a long time about what riflescope to get, I had finally come to a decision. HAD, that is. A leupold Vx-1 or Nikon Buckmasters. Then I got a new Natchez catalog and saw a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40. They have an amazing warranty, and I have heard good things about Vortex binoculars. Would theses scopes meet or exceed the clarity and performance of the Leupold Vx-1 or Nikon Buckmasters? They look like good scopes. Curse that Natchez catalog, curse it! :welcomeani:

I have This Vortex scope on my .204After experiencing the quality and clarity of my two Vortex binoculars I felt I couldn't go wrong with their scopes. In short I love the thing -and would not hesitate to buy another.

You can't go wrong with Vortex. I have one mounted on my 6.5-284.You're looking at the target at 225 yards.Africa318.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking. :)

Absolutely!Do a web search on the newer Leupold scopes and read up on the opinions that this brand is falling behind in the quality Dept. - not what they used to be. I don't own any Leupold scopes, just Bushnell, Bausch & Lomb & Redfield on various rifles.I'm a big Nikon fan in general, but my Vortex blows away the Nikon Scopes...

Vortex are made by the same factory that build the Nikon. I won't be surprised if both scope used the same components. I have nothing but good luck with Leupold scopes. But then again I never own any of their newer low end scope line either. I think that's where the problem lies.

Remember, the scope I want to get is the Vortex Diamondback, not the Viper. It is the middle-of-the-line moddle for Vortex. The other is out of my price range. Still better than a Nikon Buckmasters, or too close to call?

I'm pretty sure the Diamondback will be comparable to the Buckmaster or even better.