Magic Chicken

Power Case Trimmers?

35 posts in this topic

Now thats a toy! :-}I know im showing my ignorance but cant you get the same effect with just buying the next size bigger expander ball?
Not for annealing. The more you work the cases the more or faster they split and crack. Annealing softens the necks again and allows them to be resized without that fear. It also helps with neck tension again because it keeps them consistent. It sure does a nice job too. You just drop the cases in a hole and the wheel turns actually spinning the case as it moves so that the case gets the flame evenly. I can't tell you how many burns to my hands I've had over the years annealing cases by hand. Plus I didn't anneal them as evenly as this does it or anywhere near as quickly. :lol:

I don't shoot like I used to but what I do shoot I like it to be the most accurate I can make. I mean to me if it isn't accurate I don't want to shoot it, period. But you can get different cutters for different calibers and they are very easy to change after you've done it once. I don't know that I can give a fair number you'd have to shoot. But I've done over 50,000 .223 cases with mine so far and not one problem or the need for new cutters. They're carbide and will last forever. I also run other people cases through it and it still runs like a top. It is a chunk of change but it makes doing a really miserable job a joy. And it does it perfectly case after case after case.

I was really concerned about changing out the cutter head to start on another caliber. It was super easy to do and now I do it with out worrying!

I was really concerned about changing out the cutter head to start on another caliber. It was super easy to do and now I do it with out worrying!
It is actually fun to use don't you agree Heath? Hey my wife likes to trim my cases, now that's fun.

can your giraud's do neck sized only cases without a problem? another trimmer I was looking at they would have to have a couple of your neck sized cases to modify their holder for your particular cases.