Bill D.

Adios scooter.......

22 posts in this topic

That looks too purty to take on the dirt? How much for the scooter? :lol:
With 3,500 miles on the scooter, the dealer told me I could sell it for $1,600. None of the dealers between Modesto and Fresno have any Ruckus scooters in stock. High gas prices have scooters in high demand. I am probably going to sell it for $1,400 since it had to have a valve job at 1,500 miles from inhaling dust.

3500 miles and lots of great memories. What's the total coyote count Bill? I see they have a stealth exhaust for those toys now.

Watch Bill's coyotes count will go down now. :) Before the coyotes were always amazed someone would be hunting from such a vehicle. :D Or they were laughing so hard their sides hurt and they couldn't run off. :lol: Now they say serious hunter approaching and will be gone before he's able to put a round out. :(

Nice but you should of got a red one to match your camo wind breaker :huh: verry cool toy .

3500 miles and lots of great memories. What's the total coyote count Bill? I see they have a stealth exhaust for those toys now.
I have 75 images of dead coyotes for 06 on my ImageEvent page but some coyotes have 2 pictures so I am guessing around 50 for this year so far.Just got a Cabelas catalog today that had a stealth muffler for $200.......coyotes are just gonna have to get used to loud exhaust....haha! A friend put a stealth muffler on his Honda 4 x4 Rancher and it cut the noise in half.
Watch Bill's coyotes count will go down now. :lol: Before the coyotes were always amazed someone would be hunting from such a vehicle. :o Or they were laughing so hard their sides hurt and they couldn't run off. :huh: Now they say serious hunter approaching and will be gone before he's able to put a round out. :P
John - only one of the places I hunt coyotes do the workers take shots at coyotes from ATV's. The other places use ATV's but don't shoot at coyotes so the Recon may work to my advantage.....for a while. At first the coyotes weren't too spooked by my quiet scooter and it didn't take em long to learn. The ATV will save me a bunch of walking in the grassland hills but I suspect I will still have to walk 3 to 400 hundred yards from the machine to make successful setups. Getting too dang old to make those 8 mile walk-abouts!

We can't say that you do not work for them. That thing might be a pretty good blind in some cases.

We can't say that you do not work for them. That thing might be a pretty good blind in some cases.
That'd probably work pretty well. Get some camo netting to drape over it and crawl under it too with the barrel sticking out

The ATV will save me a bunch of walking in the grassland hills but I suspect I will still have to walk 3 to 400 hundred yards from the machine to make successful setups. Getting too dang old to make those 8 mile walk-abouts!
That will be nice saving you the walking part. I hear the getting old thing too. With my hip and knees like they are I cringe when I have to go very far. It sure is a nice looking machine. I hope she works out well for you. :huh:

I like Honda's myself. I've owned everything from my Honda generators to Honda 90's to Honda outboards to 5 Honda automobiles. I've never had a problem with any of them. It would take something really special for me to trade-in that loyalty. :huh:

Go for a ride on one of thr 4-wheelers with 4 wheel independant suspension and you might reconsider!
Honda has 4 wheel independent suspension. :huh:

LOL ... well never mind then! The last time I was looking at buying a new Honda they didn't have it yet.
You better look closer next time you get on something to make sure what it is you're riding on. :huh: I rode a friends NEW Honda Rincon and it had double wishbone independent front and rear. :lol::o NICE! :P

Honda has 4 wheel independent suspension. :lol:
No the Recon has front independent suspension but the rear suspension is just a swing arm with a single shock absorber plus only has 6" of ground clearance. The polaris Hawkeye has four wheel independent suspension and 8" of ground clearance. The Honda is a little cheaper but has a smaller engine I think its 229cc or close to it the Hawkeye has 299cc but about $500 more expensive. Both are great ATV's and beat the hell out of walking. Different strokes for different folks.

No harm, no foul. I probably could have said it was a Rincon to begin with but failed to do so. I just meant Honda has independent suspensions too. :lol:

I hate too be the Fly in your soup ,but I believe your not suppose too hunt of a motor vehicle. correct me if I am wrong.