hunting guy

What is your favorite riflescope?

36 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any manufacturer besides Nightforce who offers a scope with an MLR style reticle that uses cross-hatches instead of dots? Nightforces are out of my price range. Hawke Sidewinder Tactical uses both. This graphic kinda stinks though. post-3-1277258181.jpg

Interesting, thanks Red. The only other scope I've seen with an MLR-style reticle was a 4-16x made by Osprey that a guy at the range had mounted on an AR-30 .338 Lapua Magnum. He let me fire it and the scope worked fine although it was an inexpensive model. (I was able to hit a grapefruit sized rock at 1,000 yards with it on the first shot.) But I haven't found any Ospreys for sale online with that MLR reticle any longer.

I don't have a specific favorite. I like variety so I have several different brand in my position. As for the reticle, I really like the TMR from Leupold and the MP-8 from IOR Valdada.Here's the TMR. Your looking at 1,339 yards.DSC00272.jpgHere's the MP-8. This is over a mile.Picture174-4.jpgHere what it look like when viewed from my Swarovski Laser Rangefinder.Picture175-5.jpg

I used to buy cheap scopes, and have since changed 3/4 of my scopes out to leupold, it is customer service. I think I would like to try a trijicon on my deer rifle for evening hunts. I also dream about a premier, us optic, nxs type scopes. Probly not in the cards for a while

I can't afford the high end scopes so they're only dreams right now, e. g., Schmidt and Bender, Nightforce, high end Leupold, Swaroski, Zeist, US Optics, and others. I always read buy the most expensive glass you can afford and match the glass to the the rifle. That means if you spend $700. on your rifle, spend $700. on your glass. Each year seems to get better and better with what scopes are offering in price and quality. I feel like it's a buyers' market.

Red, what rings are you using for the scope and I'm assuming a 30mm tube scope?
Hawke medium tactical rings.

I've never paid more than $1,100. for a scope so I don't know what the high end scopes have to offer. I've always liked the Leupold with the varmint reticle but there are other scopes out there that give you a big bang for you buck. Look at Hawke and the Bushnell Elite 6500 scopes. We buy the best scope we can afford.